Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Blocks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
559 Views, 4 Replies

Deleting Blocks

Hi folks,

Quick question about deleting blocks.  I created a block that is not what I want (in the current drawing or in other drawings).  I know I can purge the block from my current drawing but can I delete from my block library somehow?

Thanks and cheers,

Curtis

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Define "block library'?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Honestly, I'm a bit confused what happens to blocks after they're created . . . I'm assuming that new blocks go into some sort of block library somewhere on my computer. Please enlighten if I'm off base in this assumption.

Thanks,

Curtis
Message 4 of 5
hwalker

No there is no block library unless you create one. Blocks are saved only in the drawing they are part of.

So all you have to do is open all the drawings with the offending block. DELETE the block. SAVE the drawing and your block will be no more

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 5
pendean

Plus... You can stop wasting so much time deleting and recreating a mistake block, just fix it: BEDIT command.
If you just named it wrong, fix that too: RENAME command.
Erasing and purging and hoping your mistakes stop existing somewhere is a cumbersome solution and approach.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost