Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Windows System Printer Failed.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
hoss
1593 Views, 2 Replies

Default Windows System Printer Failed.

Just started seeing this on one of my machines. And I'm not sure what the cause is.

When ever I try plotting I now get a warning that my .PC3 driver is not found, the device is not found or the driver has a problem.

I can see the system printers and I can also confirm that they are working. but when ever I select a system printer I get the following error and the printer is reverted to None.

acad4.PNG

i tried clicking on the Default printer PC3 file in the plotter manager and I get a test failed Error.

Since I can see the windows printers and I can confirm that they are working I tried to recreate the Default Windows System Printer.pc3 File.

• I go into the Plotter Manager and rename Default Windows System Printer.pc3 to Default Windows System Printer.pc3.old 
  • Start the Add-A-Plotter Wizard
  • Select System Printer
  • Select Default Windows System Printer from the list
  • I then get the same error as if i was dubble clicking on the original PC3 file.
  • acad1.PNG
  • If I click on OK or Cancel, Hardcopy crashes.
  • acad3.PNG 

I thought the issue may have been the upgrade of Windows 7 to SP1 but my other machine is working fine.

Any ideas?

I might just try repairing / reinstalling Autocad.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: hoss

First, test the system driver in AutoCAD LT and see if it even works: no need for a PC3 file just yet. Does it work?

OPTIONS command>Plot tab, ensure HIDE SYSTEM PRINTERS is not checked.

Message 3 of 3
hoss
in reply to: hoss

I have solved the Issue. System printers were not hidden but for what ever reason I had to delete all of my local printers from windows and reinstall them.

They worked from outside of autocad but could not be used from within.

The other odd thing was that I was selecting System printers and I could get an error for a PC3. and the other odd thing was that the plotter configuration error would referance the printer that was previously selected and not the one just selected.

For example; I had one printer that was not causing the issue (Printer A), and another that was causing the issue (Printer B)

If printer A was in the dropdown box and I changed to B then the dialog box would state that printer A was the one with the issue.

In my original images this was shown as "None: This printer..." even though I moved from the none to a actual printer.

Anyway, I think it did have something to do with Win7 SP1 since my laptop and desktop did almost the same thing. though my laptop would just hang Autocad everytime I opened the plot menu.

Deleting and reinstalling my printers seems to have solved the issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost