Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default 'Home' tab keeps moving to 'Geolocation'

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
apstevenson
7171 Views, 12 Replies

Default 'Home' tab keeps moving to 'Geolocation'

Hi,

Every time I open a drawing or switch between drawings the current tab switches to 'Geolocation' which is highlighted in blue (none of the others are. I'd like drawings to open on, and to stay on the 'Home' tab, that's where I select most of my tools and it's frustrationg having to switch tabs cobstantly. Doers anyone know why this is occuring and how to change it back. 

I think it started whe I added the geolocate tab to my workspace via CUI.

Thanks.

Winows 7 - 64, AutoCAD LT 2015.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
DarrenP
in reply to: apstevenson

that has nothing do to with it

this seems to happen with other autocad 2015 products

but it doesn't seem to happen with every file

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 13
apstevenson
in reply to: DarrenP

I've been trying to narrow this down. I found this tread:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Geolocation-tab-always-loads-at-start/td-p/49...

and have edited the CUI to change the Contextual Ribbon behavior to 'without focus'. I have turned off the geolocation marker with Geomarkervisibility command.

The problem still exists, if I open a drawing that has been geolocated, it automtically opens on the Geolocation tab. If I switch to another drawing (via the drawing tabs) then when I swich back it goes back to the Geoloction tab even if I was on another tab when I left, again this only happen in drawings that have something geolocated.

I have my workspace set up with the geoloction tab and it doers not cause a problem if there is nothing geolocated in that drawing.

I have edited the workspace so that the tab is removed but when I open one of the geolocatcui

ed drawings the tab appears and the problem persists.

My method to add and remove the tab is CUI, select my workspace in the left panel, click Customise Workspace in the right panel so tnat I can tick the geolocate box on the left, click done on the right and OK - see picture attached. Is that the right method?

Any solutions would be greatfully recieved.

Message 4 of 13
pendean

"... this seems to happen with other autocad 2015..." aka no fix yet. Nada. Zip. None yet.
Message 5 of 13
nitya.swarup

Hi,

Currently in the CUI the setting for the Geolocation ribbon tab is set to "Full with Focus". Due to this each time when the user open a drawing with Geographic location the Ribbon switch focus automatically to Contextual Geolocation tab. With a minor customization twick to the CUI you can change the setting for the Geolocation ribbon tab to "Full without focus". Please follow the steps below to change the behavior.

1. Command  line type CUI

2. In the  CUI dialog Expand "ACAD" > Expand "Ribbon" > Expand "Contextual Tab State" > Expand "Geo Coordinate System Assigned"

3. Select "Geolocation" ribbon > Select the drop down of "Contextual Display type" property on the right hand properties panel

4. From default "Full with Focus" change it to "Full without focus" > Apply and save the settings.

Once this is done your issue should be resolved. Please try and let me know if that works for you.

Thanks

Nitya Swarup Mishra

Nitya.Mishra
Sr.Product Owner
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Tags (1)
Message 6 of 13
apstevenson
in reply to: nitya.swarup

Hi Nitya,

Thanks for your reply.

I had already tried this as per the link in my earler reply, the behaviour remains, and as I said, only in drawing that have something actually geoloctated. Any other ideas ?

Regards, Adam

Message 7 of 13
nitya.swarup

Hi Adam,

Actually this is a functionality, where the geolocation ribbon tab is context sensitive. It opens and focus is set on it as soon as user opens a drawing with geographic location or assign geographic location to a drawing. Could you please send me the CUI file of your system? 

Thanks

Nitya Swarup Mishra

Nitya.Mishra
Sr.Product Owner
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 8 of 13
stretchr
in reply to: nitya.swarup

I don't have a "Full without focus" option in my Contextual Display Type, I just have "Full" and "Merged". When it's Full, I get the problem everyone else is having. When it's Merge, it's on every ribbon toolbar. I just want it to disappear, get out of my way. As someone else mentioned in the discussion around this relating to C3D, you set geolocation once for your drawing, then never want to see it again - or it's already set in your template and never need to touch it, except for perhaps moving the marker.

I don't need, or want, it in my face all the time.

Cheers,

Richard

Message 9 of 13
johncollins6287
in reply to: stretchr

I want to keep the ribbon on Home when switching to a Layout also.  I have never used the Layout Tools tab and nothing there would need to be used more than on initial setup usually, yet I have to switch to Home manually each time I change layouts.... Very frustrating

Message 10 of 13
pendean
in reply to: johncollins6287

See this discussion, bottom solution proposed by the user ebadaroux:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2013-2014-2015/autocad-2015-defaults-to-layout-tab-on-my-ribon...
Message 11 of 13

Thanks  nitya.swarup,

Your instructions were easy to follow and they worked like a charm for me.

Message 12 of 13
sergey_f13

This is a few years old, but this might help others. 

Geolocation setting ("On") comes from a template and could be easily turned off by pressing "Remove Location" or Command "GEOREMOVE". This will work with all your current drawings that already have been started. 

If you don't want to see geolocation going forward, then turn it off in your stating template. 

Hope this helps. 

Message 13 of 13
jrr
Contributor
in reply to: sergey_f13

This just happened to me in 2023.  Your solution worked.  Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost