Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data linked from autocad to excel

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
clmpittman
432 Views, 4 Replies

data linked from autocad to excel

Is there a way I can link data entered in Autocad to a spreadsheet in Excel?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: clmpittman

Yes, if the data in AutoCAD based around blocks with attributes. If you have the time and inclination, give everyone here an idea of what it is you wisht to extract/link exactly and someone can help.

Message 3 of 5
clmpittman

We have a table on each of our drawings with the units and totals for that given drawing.  We are trying to find a way to link or export that data into an excel spreadsheet.

Message 4 of 5
pendean

is it an actual AutoCAd TABLE object, or lines/text resembling a table?

If it's a TABLE object, select it, right click, select EXPORT and see what's on offer. It's not linked. For linking, it's best to go from Excel to AutoCAD.

Message 5 of 5
clmpittman

It's an actual AutoCAD table I am trying it with.  I work for a telecommunications engineering company and we are trying to figure out the best way to incorporate our units and totals on our drawings into a spreadsheet for a tally.  We know how to link a table to excel which allows me to imput the data in excel and then i can create a table in our drawings that mirrors the data in excel, but I am trying to do the exact opposite, if you get my drift.  Or do you have any other suggestions.  We are ultimately trying to cut out human error and time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost