Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashed lines in model space plot as solid line autocad lt 2012

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
jeff
59213 Views, 9 Replies

Dashed lines in model space plot as solid line autocad lt 2012

Hi

I have been trying every thing that I can find online regarding this problem.  I have drawn a site plan in model space at 1to1 scale.  I try to draw hidden lines to show demolition.  In paper space the scale is set to 1"=50" to fit on paper.  But all the hidden lines plot solid.  I had changed LTSCALE,  PSLTSCALE,  to 1. This problem keeps happening in most every thing I draw.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: jeff

MSLTSCALE is?
Message 3 of 10
Charles_Shade

Thanks to Bob_Zurunkle:

Are you on 2008 or newer? If so, you start in modelspace with CANNOSCALE set to 1/4" = 1'-0", or whatever overall scale you use the most. Most of my overall drawings will use 1/8" or 1/4" scales.
Next, remove all linetype scale overrides and set LTSCALE, MSLTSCALE, PSLTSCALE & CELTSCALE all to 1.
Next, test out the different linetypes in modelspace to see if certain ones work for you for most cases. AutoCAD ships with 3 variations of most linetypes. This will probably not work for the batting linetype, but will be a good drawing practice that once you get it set, you may want to create a template from it. Also, it may not appear to work in your current drawing -- you may want to try a regen, and if that doesn't work, you may want to start with your clean template, do all of the above steps, and then COPYBASE the contents of the existing drawing into the new one.

Now, in modelspace you can adjust the linetype scaling of the batting linetype to fit within your wall. It may be a different scale from one wall width to the next though. If the other factors are all set as noted above, then what you see in modelspace should be what you see in any viewport in paperspace.

Before 2008, you would override the linetype scale in modelspace first, then apply a global adjustment by the inverse of the viewport scale, but this only applies to one viewport scale (so other viewports with different scales won't show the linetype the same). By changing PSLTSCALE to 1, you are saying you want paperspace to detect it's scale and adjust how the linetype is viewed accordingly, making it view the same in all viewports no matter what their scale. When you use this, you set LTSCALE to 1 (this is the global linetype you are setting).

So it is still best to start with everything set to 1, and test out your linetypes in modelspace to see what looks best to you. If you are on 2008 or newer, then adjust your CANNOSCALE on typical linetypes like hidden, center, phantom etc and pick one of the 3 of each that works best. This is to avoid overriding the linetype scale. But on 2007 or older, you have to find which scale override works best for you, and then set your CELTSCALE to that scale. After either of these that fits your case, then draw a batting line and adjust it's scale to suit you, using the override.

I hope I haven't been too confusing lol...

Message 4 of 10
jeff
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thanks for the info every thing is set to 1. If I set model space to 1/4 = 1 foot my drawing is not to actural size.  I like to work in 1 to 1.

Message 5 of 10
Charles_Shade

CANNOSCALE will not change the size of your drawing in MS.

The entities whould remin at 1:1

PSLTSCALE needs to be set in an active Vieport. Could that be what you need?

And if the Plot scale is 1"=50' you should probably set CANNOSCALE to that.

Can you post your drawing file?

Message 6 of 10
jeff
in reply to: Charles_Shade

What I am trying to do is show what needs to be demolished in dashed lines and new structure overlayed in solid.

Message 7 of 10
Charles_Shade

Its there it is just the scale is so small that the line is getting overridden regardless.

I changed the Linetype to DASHED2 for the barn in the Plat and gave it a Linescale of .5

This show in the Site plan at 1"=50'

The MSLTSCALE in this drawing was 0 and I've chnnged it to 1

CELTSCALE was 25 and I've changed it to 1

CANNOSCALE has been set to 1"=50' for the Site plan.

This does not allow the Architectural Plan to show the Linetypes correctly

setting CANNOSCALE to 1/2"=1' shows the Elev layout lines properly.

Now if you go back to the Site Layout and set the Annotation Scale to 1/2" =1' and set the LTScale just for the Barn to be removed to .5 you will get dashed lines in the Site plan.

These all play off one another. Removing your architectural plans fro your site plans would be one way to correct this.

Or as the treatise posted earlier mentions; you may need to make some adjustments that fit the way you work.

Message 8 of 10
jeff

Thanks for the help.  I could not however open the drawing you sent.  Said it from a newer version.  I use A-cad lt 2012.

Message 9 of 10
Charles_Shade

Message 10 of 10
blfreilich

The simplest is to set the linescale (under properties) to 0.25 etc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost