Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashed insulation line

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
qfanatiq
1173 Views, 9 Replies

Dashed insulation line

I thought I had one of these, or had done this before. But I cant for the life of me figure this out.

Can anyoen help?

Cheers......Q

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: qfanatiq

Are you wanting a hatch pattern? or help drawing a dashed line?
Message 3 of 10
qfanatiq
in reply to: pendean

h, wonderful sarcasm.

I want to pick the insualtion line style (batting) and make that dashed but still shown as batting.

I shoudl have used the right term!

Cheers......Q

Message 4 of 10
hwalker

Don't think you can do that with the batting line

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 10
qfanatiq
in reply to: hwalker

I am pretty confident I had one many years back but then, perhaps I imagine it. I might have created it myself or somethgin sinmilare. I am very out of touch with AutoCAD.

Q

Message 6 of 10
Charles_Shade

You likely had a custom Linetype that has been lost over the years.

Back to the first query: Are you interested in recreating the Linetype?

Message 7 of 10
pendean

INSUL is an OOTB hatch pattern that looks like what you describe. Is that perhaps what you used back in the day?

Again though, no sarcasm intended, do you just want to call your dashed line type BATTING? Open ACADLT.LIN file, make a copy of the dashed linetype entry you like, paste at the bottom of the list, change the name to whatever you want, if you choose BATTING remember to go up the list and change the original to something else.
Message 8 of 10
qfanatiq
in reply to: Charles_Shade

YEs, very interested in recreating. I need to get back up to speed with what used to be common practise. I was out or the AutoCad game for a good few years and clearly, I am someone that needs constant hands on. I feel like a numpty all to often.

I will google it. Best learn by practise and my own research and hands on!

Thanks guys!
Q

Message 9 of 10
qfanatiq
in reply to: pendean

PD, I am happy with sarcasm if i get some kind of reply that leads to an answer/solution. It keeps me going.

Cheers., things I need to look at.

Q

Message 10 of 10
Bob_Zurunkle

OP here's the downside. If you are using that Batting linetype in multiple scaled viewports, the program will try to adjust its scale  to fit the viewport scale. That means, what looked perfect in one will be really tiny in another and really huge in yet another.

You may want to consider making a custom hatch that does it. I did one years ago (can't find it now) that at a scale of 1 would be correct at 1" cavity width. So to fill a 3 1/2" cavity I would scale it at 3.5. To look its best means adjusting the origin point and orientation of each hatch, but the results didn't go all screwy across multiple viewports. You simply have it on a certain layer that is frozen in the viewports where it is not appropriate to be showing the batting. Mine looked like the squiggly batt symbol all the way to 600 feet long before starting to "fall apart" noticeably. Sorry I can't find it, but it is doable and it looks just like the linetype, curves and all (even if it is made up of tiny straight line segments)!

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost