Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom text for custom buttons

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
c.dufrene
728 Views, 16 Replies

Custom text for custom buttons

I'd like to know how to place a 2 line text under a custom button.

I tried to mimic some of the std button but it didn't work.

Attachment 1 is the std Tool Palette and User Interface buttons in the Manage Panels.

You can notice that the name is User Interface on the left and UserInterface on the right.

Attachment 2 is my button, on the left I CANNOT edit the name and on the right any changes automatically edit the left name.

At the end I would like my button the appears with one line: Extract and under Maint.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
hwalker
in reply to: c.dufrene

Not too sure if this is correct, but looking at the one you want it to look like the words User Interface are one complete word with no spaces, just capitals to show where each word starts. Maybe you could try that.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 17
pendean

I believe it's location on the Panel that auto-wraps, not "how" it's typed: you're in a sub-panel, the one you want to emulate is not.

Simply browse and look at all the panels that have what you seek and review their structure in more detail.

Also note the one you emulate has text under DISPLAY>Name, you don't.

Message 4 of 17

Have you tried putting your text in the Display Name field? That's where "UserInterface" is in your first image.

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com
Message 5 of 17

@hwalker:

I tried that, but on the custom you CANNOT change the name on the left, the rename function with mouse right click is not accessible.

@pendean:

I'll try to review the structure and put MY big button first.

Now for the name under "DISPLAY" I tried all combinations, same result.

@katemorrical

If I put "ExtractMaint." in the display name, the button will increase in witdh and the same text"ExtractMaint." will appear. 

Message 6 of 17
c.dufrene

Here's the result:

000118.jpg

For the input see attachment...

Message 7 of 17
pendean

Structure is important: try to find a panel structured as yours with a sub-panel but with the name wrapped. A quick review here and I found none.

Message 8 of 17
bgingerich

This is something you might not have noticed (see attached).

Try replacing the space inbetween the two words with \n .  This is a "new line" switch for use with Lisp functions that print to the command line.

(if ("mysolution"=answer) then (click "Accept As Solution"))
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
Message 9 of 17
c.dufrene
in reply to: bgingerich

bgingerich, YOU nailed it !

Thanks a lot Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 17
bgingerich

Not a problem. 

I didn't know what it might be, at first. either.  All I did was compare a button with two lines of text with a button with one line.  There was a "box" character  in between the two words which usually (in windows at least) means an unknown character.  It wasn't an "unsupported" because it did something, so I just had to figure out what it (the box) represented.  It just takes some time and thought to get what you want. Smiley Happy

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
Message 11 of 17
Charles_Shade

What version is your CAD and under what CUI sub menu did you see this? (LT 2013 here)

I cannot find any additional characters or even a commonality between other Commands that are on two lines.

Some are no space others have one space but nothing more.

I like that you found this but why is it visible in your system?

Message 12 of 17
bgingerich
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I have 2010 LT.  Ahh, I found it going into the Ribbon\Panels\yourpanelname.  It appears that you cannot see this character just searching for the command in the bottom left panel and clicking on the command.  Also by clicking on the command in the Ribbon\Panels\yourpanelname, you can specify a button style and a group name.  The difference comes from putting the \n switch in the Display Name and not in the Command name.  Hopefully that is understandable.  Just looking in a different place is all.

Brandon Gingerich
Message 13 of 17
c.dufrene

I'm with 2013 LT  and the special (box) character isn't there but the \n works perfectly.

Message 14 of 17
bgingerich

Just curious.  Are you and I looking at the same place?

Brandon Gingerich
Message 15 of 17
Charles_Shade

Message 16 of 17
bgingerich

In doing some "light reading", I found this.  Look specifically at page 9.  There are a couple of other good tips in there, too.

(if ("mysolution"=answer) then (click "Accept As Solution"))
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brandon Gingerich
Message 17 of 17
Charles_Shade

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost