Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom settings from older version of Acad LT

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
615 Views, 3 Replies

Custom settings from older version of Acad LT

Afternoon,

I have noticed a similar thread asking my problem but it was not answered, so I will ask it again perhaps clearer!?

I have Autocad LT 2012 and have an amount of customization (mainly small toolbars with blocks to insert on them like our library for different topics)

I have bought a new PC (windows 8.1) and installed Autocad LT 2015 as a trial version before I sort the licence out.

As I don't have a version of Autocad on this PC I am unsure how I am able to get my customization on this 2015 version.

Under the migrate custom settings facility on my old pc my options from my 2012 copy are to

migrate from a previous release,or

import Autocad LT 21012 settings, or

export Autocad LT 2012 settings.

I have chosen export Autocad LT 2012 settings and it creates a zip folder of my settings, which I have used to put on other Autocad LT 2012 copies we have.

The question is quite simply how do I get my 2012 custom settings into 2015? Surely this has to be possible? I hope it is!

Thanks in advance,

Ross (a little bit desperate)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

1. Install LT2012 on the new PC, uisng the import/export feature unique to LT2012, then kick-start LT2015 and "migrate". Some users see issues in LT2015, other don't. Seems to be a lottery-time hit-or-miss thing.

2. Depends on how well you are organized vs. if your 2012 setup was just a shot in the dark to setup:
- toolbars are in your CUIx file in LT2012, you can copy it to a thumbdrive, pop it in the new PC, start CUI command from LT2015 and transfer your toolbars from the 2012 menu to the 2015 menu.

- You have to tell LT2015 where to find your "blocks": if they are on the old PC, you need to mvoe them to the new PC. if they are on the server, point LT to that server location by adding that folder(s) to it's search path using OPTIONS command's FILES tab (the Search path Entry).

So tell us: how well are you organized in LT2012?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Ahhh! What a cracking idea, thanks and yes all sorted, phew cheers, I'm now confident that I will be okay to upgrade all copies we have from 2012 to 2015 as we pay for subs.

I didn't think I could install 2012 as I had already installed 2015 on the new pc, so I did and then imported Autocad LT 2012 settings and browsed to the zip file on the network. Yes they appeared but as you say I had to dig around to get blocks and icons showing not sure the right way but I have it sorted, blocks were in a folder on server not sure where the icons are, so in cui I edited the icon put an extra dot on and save and then Acad seems to find them all?

I was surprised to see the old classic style toolbars appear, I thought 2015 didn't allow them and I thought our custom toolbars would have to appear within a ribbon?

Thanks  again

(A happy) Ross

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Autodesk simply stopped bundling the "classic" workspace starting in AutoCAd 2015.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost