Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom linetypes with text

44 REPLIES 44
SOLVED
Message 1 of 45
sjw0465
10903 Views, 44 Replies

custom linetypes with text

I am attempting to create a custom linetype with text in it, but the format used to create the line. Which is as follows:         A,.5,-.25,["GAS",STANDARD,S=.1,U=0.0,X=-0.1,Y=-.05],-.25  is not producing the result I need. Asimple linetype is no problem but when I attempt to add text, it wont load into the drawing. I need to create a "gas line" because no matter what I do I can't read the text that is in the default gas line. I have tried any number of things to make the text larger, to no avail. Can anyone help?

44 REPLIES 44
Message 41 of 45

can you please send me that procedure with commands please
Message 42 of 45

can you please tell me how can i edit HW to OFC in hot water supply

Message 43 of 45

Open up the .lin file in notepad.

Find the linetype GAS

Copy it to the bottom of the document

Change the name and text to OFC

Save the .lin file

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 44 of 45
rlafuenteZMLWV
in reply to: sjw0465

I am attempting to create a custom linetype with text in it, but the format used to create the line. Which is as follows A,.5,-.2,["4.16kv OHL",STANDARD,S=.1,R0.0,X=-0.1,Y=-.05],-.70. is not producing the result I need. Can anyone help?

Message 45 of 45
pendean
in reply to: rlafuenteZMLWV

@rlafuenteZMLWV wrote:

I am attempting to create a custom linetype with text in it, but the format used to create the line. Which is as follows A,.5,-.2,["4.16kv OHL",STANDARD,S=.1,R0.0,X=-0.1,Y=-.05],-.70. is not producing the result I need. Can anyone help?

See your other duplicate post https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-lt-forum/create-linetype/td-p/12204141/jump-to/first-unread-m... 

Also, have you tried the tip right above yours yet?

pendean_0-1693317658227.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost