Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cursor freezes perioically after block edit

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
clarky1950
912 Views, 7 Replies

Cursor freezes perioically after block edit

I"m using LT2011 on a WIN7 machine.

After blockedit the cursor will freeze for a short period about every 2 seconds.

When this is happening, there are also more disk accesses.

Re-starting the application stops this frustrating behaviour until I edit another block.

Any Clues?

Are there any updates that may deal with this problem?

Peter

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: clarky1950

Please explain more in detail what happens.

Does it freeze when you enter block editor or when you exit? is it the same in all drawings? is it the same with all blocks?

The problem sounds familiar but I need more details to pinpoint.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 3 of 8
clarky1950
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

Dear AcadAdamLT, The problem appears after I edit a block, any block simple or dynamic. The same occurs in a small or large file. Once I save and close the block editor, I hear somewhat more disk activity and then the crosshairs do not move smoothly across the screen but hesitate in their travel. This is not regular but may stop for about half a second every three. The mouse is still tracked during the freeze time, ie the crosshairs jump to where they would have been once they are unfrozen. This is bad enough that I feel that I am more productive if I restart the application than to persist with the freezing. Hopefully this will clarrify your "familiar" problem and a fix could be found. In apprehension.. Peter Clark Description: dovs logo20%1 P.O Box 361 Eaglehawk 3556 Victoria AUSTRALIA Ph/FAX (613)5446-3101 Mobile 0419 590 633 ABN: 47 267 702 757
Message 4 of 8
AcadAdamLT

Once I had given it abit of thought I remembered having the exact same problem once, but as usually I can't remember the f***ing solution.

If I were you I would try to repair autocad or maybe even reinstall it.

Also when it freezes try using regen and see if it helps instead of restarting the application.

If I manages to dig in to my memorybank known as brain and find the answer I'll let you know.

Best of luck to you.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 5 of 8
clarky1950
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

Hello AcadAdamLT, Thanks for your thoughts. Regen does not fix it. When I get a chance, I will try a repair or reload. I will keep you posted. Thanks again for your time Peter Clark Description: dovs logo20%1 P.O Box 361 Eaglehawk 3556 Victoria AUSTRALIA Ph/FAX (613)5446-3101 Mobile 0419 590 633 ABN: 47 267 702 757
Message 6 of 8
joefranco6047

Hi, when this happens to me, I just go into "Layout - Paper space and then back in Model space",

Everything goes back to normal.

I don't know why this happens.

Regards

Joe

Message 7 of 8
clarky1950
in reply to: joefranco6047

Thanks Joe, Finally got round to checking this. It seems to work!! Thank you!! Working in the model tab, if I just select a layout tab then toggle from model to paper space seems to fix it. I previously persevered til I got sick of it then closed down and re-started. This is much better but still a bug that should be sorted out by Autodesk. Thanks again for your time. Peter Clark dovs logo20%1 P.O Box 361 Eaglehawk 3556 Victoria AUSTRALIA Ph/FAX (613)5446-3101 Mobile 0419 590 633 ABN: 47 267 702 757
Message 8 of 8
joefranco6047

Your welcome PeterSmiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost