Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ctrl z (undo) deletes

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2000 Views, 5 Replies

ctrl z (undo) deletes

Using ctrl z to undo deletes some of the geometry I'm working on.

Is this a bug? Is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hwalker
in reply to: Anonymous

Undo is just that. Undo the last command you did, whether it be draw or pan/zoom.

How many objects is it undoing?

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 6
pendean

In addition to the above valid info... UNDO command has many options, watch the commandline, see if these sub-options will serve your needs better in the future than a blind <enter> afterwards like we all do on occasion.

REDO is one fix to an UNDO, but it's only good for the last single UNDO function.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I attempted to stretch a portion of my drawing, but it warped it.  When I attempted to "Ctrl Z" (undo), it just kept moving the portion selected up along the y axis...?  I cannot seem to get the drawing back to how it was before the stretch.  What can I do?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I then attempted to restore an old version of the drawing to get back to before the stretch attempt and the program locked up.  Now I'm watching the spinning wheel of death tell me it's "loading 100%."  Have tried closing and opening several times with the same result

Message 6 of 6
pendean

You should have typed REDO, then explored NDO's commandline options to see if incremental selections were feasible.

I have no idea what you are attempting now with a 'restore', it would sem simple enough to just continue with your original file. Or did you not SAVE for such a long time that UNDO did more that you wanted to fix??

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost