AutoCAD LT General Discussion

AutoCAD LT General Discussion

tjr226
Message 1 of 5 (505 Views)
Accepted Solution

Creating a page setup to use every time

505 Views, 4 Replies
01-11-2011 07:13 AM

It looks like this is a challenging problem, but I hope someone can help me with it. I receive many DWG and DXF files that I have to print off, and so far I haven't found a way to automatically select the options I want to. There might be something I can do in the templates in AppData, but that isn't clear yet.

Is there any way to access the 'Model' template and change the settings to what I want?

Thanks for the suggestions, looking for the macro function led me to the answer.

I ended up going into Tools-Options-Plot & Publish, where there was a box to check to use the last successful print settings automatically. Before, it was going to a default device. It will be very useful since we use the same settings for every plot.

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 2 of 5 (493 Views)

Re: Creating a page setup to use every time

01-11-2011 09:19 AM in reply to: tjr226

Click Open as you would for any file.

At the bottom change File Type to DWT.

This should open your Template Folder and the Templates to change will be there.

If not then do a search for files of type *.dwt

Also - If you have a template that you want and are receiving files that do not have the plot settings you need then right click a Layout Tab and Import the Layout from the Template that you tweaked above. You will need to look at manipulating Viewports if they are not consistent.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 3 of 5 (491 Views)

01-11-2011 09:21 AM in reply to: tjr226

You could also create a Menu Macro that goes thru your required Plot Settings without having to type them each time if all you need to do is plot the file to: Your Printer, D size paper, 1/4" Scale, Landscape, etc...

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 5 (478 Views)

01-11-2011 10:45 AM in reply to: tjr226

What LT version do you use? PUBLISH may be yet another option to try in addition to the comments above.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
tjr226
Message 5 of 5 (474 Views)

01-11-2011 11:03 AM in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the suggestions, looking for the macro function led me to the answer.

I ended up going into Tools-Options-Plot & Publish, where there was a box to check to use the last successful print settings automatically. Before, it was going to a default device. It will be very useful since we use the same settings for every plot.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.