Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a BLACK hatch by doing a gradient with two "WHITE"s?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Danail89
955 Views, 3 Replies

Create a BLACK hatch by doing a gradient with two "WHITE"s?

Hey guys! I guess you are all familiar with the annoying triangles one gets from a solid hatch printed to PDF. I found the only way to work around the issue is by creating a gradient hatch with two identical colors. However - is it even possible to create a BLACK hatch that way? You can see in the attachments - once you set the two colors as WHITE (which should normally be black, right) the final result is a WHITE hatch. I also found it impossible to create a truly black color in any other way - unless you use the WHITE, you never get the real BLACK, but only dark shades of grey - genious, right?

So really hope someone can answer. Thanks in advance! 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Danail89

Use a dense pattern instead of a solid then ensure your plot style setting is set to output to black. It's not diificult if you are concerned about a PDF display appearance.
Message 3 of 4
Danail89
in reply to: pendean

I tried using all types of patterns in small scale. Unfortunattely, as long as they finally appear solid, the result is the same. What do you mean with the black output? So you are advising me to use plot style in order to get the black color?

Message 4 of 4
Danail89
in reply to: pendean

Anyway, I found the only way to do it is by using the gradient with two RGB colors set to 0,0,1 - so not exactly black, but with an insignificant difference. I don't really think that should be the way to have a normal PDF appearance for simple black solid hatches, but that's the way it is . . .

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost