Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash - many new layers created by annotative scales?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Crass
551 Views, 5 Replies

Crash - many new layers created by annotative scales?

I went to change the annotative scale while working on a drawing and LT 2011 crashed. When I recovered the drawing there are now over a 1000 new layers, I assume related to the annotative scales I had used.

What do I do with this mess? I am scared to start working on this drawing because I don't want all these new layers. I thought a central point of annotative scales was to simplify layer management. What happens when it blows up on you?

Update: I found that I can purge these layers out and just did that. I will give another update if things get weird again.

-----
AutoCAD 2018/2021
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2021
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Crass

OPTIONS command's SAVE tab, do you have "save fidelity" option selected, and do you save down to a much lower version of autocad by default?

Message 3 of 6
Crass
in reply to: pendean

I typically save ver 2010 and yes, I have "Save with Visual Fidelity for Annotative Objects" selected. I have never seen these layers before this recovery incident

-----
AutoCAD 2018/2021
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2021
Message 4 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Crass

It's most likely a one-off: I've never gotten excited about junk appearing after a crash/RECOVER, usually a PURGE fixes them.

Turn off Visual Fidelity, you don't need it.

Message 5 of 6
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:

Turn off Visual Fidelity, you don't need it.

Uncle Pendean knows what's best for you 😉

Thanks for the tip

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 6 of 6
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

Visual Fidelity takes annotative objects and saves them as multiple objects -- one for each scale on a unique layer related to its scale. It does this for every scale each object currently has. This is for saving down to 2007 or older. Then after whoever is on 2007 works on it, you should be able to open it and it will rebuild the individual objects back into the single annotative objects on one layer each. If nobody in your "loop" uses 2007 or older, then set it to zero. Even if someone does work on 2007, leave it off until you have to save it for those persons to work with 🙂

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost