Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash / Closes with no error msg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
lee_cutts
289 Views, 5 Replies

Crash / Closes with no error msg

Occasionally all users suffer this problem. They are working in a drawing, they use a command (usually 'dist'), Autocad then closes itself down instantly, no chance to save, with no error message. Anybody have any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: lee_cutts

Any log files, or Windows task manager feedback? -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --
Message 3 of 6
lee_cutts

No error log or windows task manager feedback.

Have managed to get more info from trying out the drawings in question.

Drawing consists of 1 xref. When locating an intersection in one area of the drawing AutoCAD closes (crashes) instantly. Checked drawing without xref no problems. Checked xref drawing no problems there either. Xref drawing originally drawn in Microstation and saved as dwg file.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

RECOVER both files and then PURGE and SAVE. Consider a WBLOCK of the content of the file from MS. -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

You could ask the person who is sending you the dwg to send the file as DXF, that should eliminate anything in the file that AutoCAD doesn't understand. Microstation also has the abality to save into earlier versions of dwg, you could ask them to downgrade the file and see if that helps.

The other thing that you could do is open the file send from the microstation user and issue the purge command on it before xrefing it into your drawings to see if that helps.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I got that problem, and I found out that it was spline draw over line (around the window) the spline was like polyline with angle and no curve, I delete them and it was fine.
Good luck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost