Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

corrupt drawing or ???

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
melina_18
302 Views, 1 Reply

corrupt drawing or ???

Hi everyone, i`m going to try to be as clear about my issue as possible, but...it`s driving me insane

i`m working on a drawing on autocad LT 2014, it was an existing drawing that I came into.

After a day of working on this particular drawing, if I would select and move my dynamic block while snapping it in the right location, I couldn't manipulate it anymore (height, width, etc) as if the snaps were missing.

Then I noticed then that whenever I did a simple line that I purposely aligned with something already in the drawing that the ability to shorten or lenghten the line dissapeared also (see screenshot) not aligned.jpg

Then I tried drawing a rectangle over an existing rectangle and...you guessed it, no snaps or ability to modify whatsoever

So obviously it's not just limited to one thing , for example just blocks, but pretty much any command that uses snaps.

I tried going into a other drawing and everything was fine, no issues, so it`s really that file. I made my coworker open it on her computer and it did the same thing.

It tells me that the file is corrupt (i`m assuming)

what i`ve tried and that failed 😞 :

-changing the name of the file

-copying it into a other drawing

-setting the osmode to 0

-purge and the advanced purge

-audit

-recover

-recoverall

oddly enough each time I do audit it finds 48 mistakes and says it's corrected 48 mistakes, I can do it 10 times in a row and it will keep giving me the same numbers over and over again.

I will hapilly give a cookie to whoever can help, thank you!!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: melina_18

When a blue dot or two disappear like that, it's usually a sign that one end is at a Z height different from the end with the blue dot.

Rotate your UCS and view your plan drawing from the side: does it look like one continuous line (everything is flat) or are there multiple lines up and down?

LIST or PROPERTIES command would tell you much the same if you select each object and look at the Z settings.

ONLY way to fix AUDIT issues that never go away is to crewate a new file with content from your old file using WBLOCK command: more often than not, the problems are left behind. WBLOCK usage is explained in HELP.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost