Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying viewports between layouts

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
hbosscher
499 Views, 8 Replies

Copying viewports between layouts

When I cut and paste a viewport from one layout to the other the layers that were frozen in that viewport become thawed. Is there any way of copying the viewport over so that those layers that are frozen in that viewport only remain that way ?
Thanks
Henry Bosscher
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: hbosscher

I could never get it to work either.

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Message 3 of 9
gouveianuno

Hi, Have you ever solved this issue? I'm using LT2005 and I have the same problem.

Thanks

Message 4 of 9
hwalker
in reply to: gouveianuno

Unfortunately there is no workaround. You have to refreeze your layers.

You are in effect creating a new viewport.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 9
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: hwalker

There used to be a way in full AutoCAD when they had that issue, but apparently it got fixed several releases back. The workaround was to make the desired viewport a block. Then you could copy and paste it on another layout in the same drawing and it would retain the layer settings. Not sure if that will work for your situation, but it's worth a shot!

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 6 of 9
jeh_uk1

You could either;

• create a new layer state in the original viewport, and then restore it in the new vieport (although I can't remember if this works with any viewport overides thoough),
  • or create a layout by copying the layout with the orriginal viewport.

Jason
Message 7 of 9
nestly2
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

Yep, make the viewport into a block, copy it to the new layout, then explode.

Message 8 of 9
radiohaktive

Like jeh_uk1 said, layer states are the best way of doing this. The other ways are workarounds, whereas a layer state can be counted on and will work much more consistently than the other. Good workaround on the vp block though, it does work. 

Message 9 of 9
jeh_uk1
in reply to: radiohaktive

I've just tried Nestly's suggestion of creating a block, which seems like a good workaround, but I've noticed that it doesn't copy across any viewport overides that may be set up.

Jason

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost