Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy/paste problem !!!

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
CGDTeamSilvia
2213 Views, 2 Replies

Copy/paste problem !!!

In one file the command copy/paste does not work…

neither as keyboard command, nor with the icons, nor with Crtl+C Crtl+V...

In fact if you copy an object in one file and then you go on the "not working file" to paste it, it doesn't paste anything. To be able to proceed with the work on the file I've copied everything on another new file, but after a while the copy/paste problem occurs again (also on the new created file).

Considering that the problem is not due to the operating system (checked on different computers), and that it is not due to a particolar autocad release (checked with different Autocad (LT2009-LT2010-LT2014), it is probably something that happens on the file itself.

I’ve read different posts on the copy / paste problem:

- for example a too long annotation scale list – checked!

- Measurement unit insertion- checked! -

…etc. but I can’t find any solution.

Any other suggestion??

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: CGDTeamSilvia

Fix the file:
- AUDIT command, answer YES to the question posed when you do.
- RECOVER command to open the file.
- WBLOCK out the content from modelspace you want to kep to create a new file.
- Use -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD command (there is a dash in the name of the command) from LT2014 and knock the file back to the stone age (LT98/97-R14 format DWG file).

One or a couple or ALL the above usually is enough to fix the issue. If not, try using the COPY command instead, it's better than copy/paste IMHO as it doesn't rely on copying to your Windows User Temp folder first.
Message 3 of 3
CGDTeamSilvia
in reply to: pendean

Thank you!!!

it seems that I was able to fix the problem, and surely I will keep in mind this commands:

_AUDIT: (I didn’t know it), it found n° 02 mistakes, but it didn’t fix the problem

_RECOVER: (I knew it, but I didn’t use it) after having used AUDIT command no mistakes have been found, but it seems that it worked, as a matter of fact I was able to paste. If you do it as first thing it finds the mistakes, but it does not fix them. In conclusion AUDIT and RECOVER should be done toghether.

_WBLOCK: (I knew it, but I didn’t use it) done on the damaged file as first thing and fixed the problem

-EXPORTTOAUTOCAD: (I didn’t know it) done on the damaged file as first thing and fixed the problem.

Thank you very much for your help. You never stop learning!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost