Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy and paste jpg in dwg

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
williamsdraft
1927 Views, 5 Replies

copy and paste jpg in dwg

I have autocad lt 2009, previosly when I wanted to trace a drawing I would go to paint, copy the drawing and then paste it in autocad on one layer and do the drawing on another layer worked great, But now when I do the same process it doesnt work.....previously I could draw on the image, could edit the lines, copy, erase, move etc. But now when  do this if I have to copy a line I select copy and when I click on the line I want to copy the jpg drawing goes away, or if I try to erase a line the drawing will get deleted, Do I need to uninstall autocad and reinstall? Like I said it worked out fine before but now it is messed up. Sorry this is so long but didnt know of a shorter way. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: williamsdraft

do you just need to set the correct DRAWORDER position for the image?

and turn off it's frame so tgat you stop selecting it too.

Message 3 of 6
williamsdraft
in reply to: pendean

I am not sure about the draworder command, I tried that but it didnt work or at least I couldnt get it to work, and how do I turn off the frame? Thanks for responding, this is really slowing my work down.
Message 4 of 6
Lawson2011

Hello,

To set draw order, select the image and type in DRAWORDER then hit the ENTER key, it comes up with 4 options select the one that gives the desired effect. (Above, Behind, Front, Back)

To set the frame, type in FRAME then hit the ENTER key, enter erther 0, 1, 2, or 3

0 The frame is not visible and it is not plotted.The frame temporarily reappears during selection preview or object selection.

1 Displays and plots the frame.

2 Displays but does not plot the frame.

3 The individual setting varies for all objects with frames in

All this info was found in the help menu

Regards Lawson

If any answer solves your problem, remember to mark it as solved

Message 5 of 6
williamsdraft
in reply to: Lawson2011

problem solved, after your last input and did some more testing, and finally got it to work. Thanks for your help, now I can get some work done, Thanks again
Message 6 of 6
AcadAdamLT

If it solved your problem you should mark it as "Accepted solution" so that others can see the thread is finished.

/Adam

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost