Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy and Paste issues.

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
cdavis7254
11889 Views, 22 Replies

Copy and Paste issues.

Hi, and thanks for reading this.  I've browsed the other posts about cut/copy and paste, but didn't seem to find a question/answer that was what I was looking for. 

We have Acad LT 2012, 64 bit on Win7.  I've found that the paste option in my right click menu is "grayed out".  If I select an object and use the keyboard Ctrl-C, and then Ctrl-P, the object will paste.   If I select an object, right click to open the menu, go to "clipboard" then "copy", I can't paste by using the same steps. Paste (as well as the other paste options) is grayed and I can't select it.  The biggest issue is that I can't "paste to original coordinates".  I can still use the Ctrl-P to paste.

(Yes I can w-block it, or just block it, but that takes more time.)

Any ideas as to why it is grayed out in my menus?

Thanks,

Cary

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23

Solution:

At the AutoCAD command line:

1. Type in CETRANSPARENCY
  2. Press Enter
  3. Type in "ByLayer"
  4. Press Enter
Message 22 of 23
egrote
in reply to: cdavis7254

Not so much the right click copy.  But the right click paste and paste as block grayed out issue.  Not interested in a work around like close and restart the program or restart the computer in its entirety or even using ctrl+v.  I know what the work arounds are.  I have been an autocad user for over 25 years.  Currently using ACAD version 2023 & Advance Steel Version 2023.  This issue, in many other forums, has been stated that it will be resolved in the next version of the software back in 2010.  I assure you that it has not been resolved.  Workarounds only disturb workflow, solutions will restore them.

Message 23 of 23
pendean
in reply to: egrote

@egrote wrote:I assure you that it has not been resolved. ...

Reporting issues and desires are best done where Autodesk claims to look for them:

https://www.autodesk.com/company/contact-us/product-feedback

and

at Autodesk Support:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/users-software/support-options/we... 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost