Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy & Paste in same drawing doesn't work

40 REPLIES 40
SOLVED
Message 1 of 41
daveyboy1681
20631 Views, 40 Replies

Copy & Paste in same drawing doesn't work

I'm attempting to copy paste a block and a line from one tab to another in the same drawing and it doesnt appear. I get

Command: _pasteclip Duplicate definition of block _Oblique ignored.
Duplicate definition of block _ArchTick ignored.
Duplicate definition of block attr_FFL ignored.

i've purged, i've audited, i've even created a new drawing and transfered the information but im still getting this problem.

The strange thing is occasionally it works.

also, i purge so the drawing it is clean, then i try to paste, then when purging again 1000's of blocks appear in the purge diologue box. A49285 to A55404 & a block called A$C4E2C21A4 

Can anyone help?

40 REPLIES 40
Message 41 of 41
daveyboy1681
in reply to: daveyboy1681

not sure the copy and paste thing has been resolved, but i've managed to get rid of the *##### blocks and reduce the file size massively in the process. Hopefully this will have solved the copy paste issue as well, but only time will tell.

The solution is probably obvious to you tech guys, but it was new to me. Save as DXF purge and audit, save back as DWG

I'll spell it out for those like me who only learn new stuff when they have a problem with AutoCAD.

1. open the .dwg file.

2. AUDIT and fix all

3. save out as .dxf

4. close file

5. open .dxf file

6. PURGE all

7. AUDIT and fix all

8, save out as .dwg

done. This will reduce file size if you were infected with *##### blocks like i was.

Thanks for you help. It was really starting to p**s me off!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost