Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command line not working correctly

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
7693 Views, 5 Replies

Command line not working correctly

My command line text is only partially working.

If I say draw a line it will show me the prompts, specify first point, specify next point etc but if I try and get the length of that line using the distance tool the command line stays blank and does not give the distance. Also if I try to fillet 2 lines with an oversize radius I get the prompts to selct the lines but I do not get an error message saying that the radius is too large, the command line stays blank.

It looks like I have switched something off but I don't know what. Has anyone any guidance please
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

F2 to see the full text screen, is the info there?

If yes, the command line needs to be a minimum 3-lines tall: is it?

Also check your UNITS setting: the more precision you need the more lines
you need to set for command line.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks Dean,

The command line was only 2 lines tall , I've enlarged it and all seems ok.

David
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I too am using Civil 3D 2019. And I am having the same trouble. But, my command line is 4 lines tall and I don't get any text in the text window when I experience the problem. It seems to manifest whenever focus changes between the drawing editor and a palette or dialogue. It is most annoying, for example, and this is only one of many such examples, I wist to when to create an object on a new layer. I open the Layer manager palette, make the layer, then switch back to the drawing editor to create the new line segment. But, the command line is now not accepting text; I can't just type an "L" and go picking points. I have to switch to another open dwg then back for me to have a functioning command line again. Steve A Rogers Cad Manager Waterworks Engineers Scottsdale, Az
Message 5 of 6
pendean

The C3D forum is over here https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/civil-3d/ct-p/4003

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I am so happy you could shed some light on my issue. I posted here because when I searched the forums this is where anything even close to my problem was posted here. and I replied to one of the posting thinking while that guy tried to help the other person maybe he'd try to help me too. While it is true I am using Civ3D I am talking about an AutoCAD issue. I would have thought you could have guessed that as my example of the trouble I have is an AutoCAD function and not a Civil3D function. Why don't you try being more helpful figuring out what our trouble is instead of telling us we're posting on the wrong forum? Steve Rogers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost