Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command Line & Toolbars dissapearing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
georgebostock
476 Views, 3 Replies

Command Line & Toolbars dissapearing

Hi Everyone,

I'm using AutoCAD 2013 LT. Until recently it has been runinng fine, but now I am finding that when I start up AutoCAD all the toolbars have dissapeared and I have to reload them all again. I know you can set up your own workspace which would make it easy, but they shouldn't be dissapearing in the first place. Any ideas?

On top of this there is no longer the prompt showing up next to the curser which tells you distance, angle, commands etc. I can't seem to find where to turn it off/on. I would like it back. I don't know where it went in the first place!

My final point is the command line. In previous versions the command line sat neatly at the bottom of the screen and you could read the command you were entering and previous commands. Now, it is there, but it does not sit properly in the screen and does not show the command i am typing in because it does not show properly. I can move the command line out but then it is in the way.

Does any of this make sense? It's a little hard to explain 😕

Cheers guys! 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Any changes to the computer in the last several days?

Tried a System Resote to a week or month ago?

Windows Update or Registry Cleaner run?

Message 3 of 4
pendean
in reply to: georgebostock

Look up LOCKUI variable and turn it off.
Now properly dock your commandline: there are YouTube videos if you can't figure it out.
Turn on and position your toolbars where you want them. When you are done, start WORKSPACE command and save you chosen active workspace.
Now turn LOCKUI back on.
Finally, turn on DYNMODE for those cursor prompts you mentioned.
Post back if something was missed.
Message 4 of 4
georgebostock
in reply to: pendean

Hi Pendean,

Thanks very much your solution seems to have worked. I have set up my own workspace and managed to get the propmts working.

Thanks very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost