Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

close "x"'s missing

33 REPLIES 33
Message 1 of 34
Jimfanuc
1045 Views, 33 Replies

close "x"'s missing

The "X"'s in the minimize, maximize, close space are missing from drawings and the recovery manager.  I have to close Acad and restart to get them to reappear. 

How to fix?

33 REPLIES 33
Message 21 of 34
jhjirak
in reply to: Jimfanuc

I have have the same problem. The "X" to close the drawing dissapears in upper right corner.  Also the "A" in the upper left hand corner gets the bottom half cut off.  See screen shot.

I am using Autocad LT 2013.  Not sure why there are some many bugs but a fix would be great.

Message 22 of 34
pendean
in reply to: jhjirak

It's as if your RIBBON is not docked (is it?): if you move the ribon out of the way, or close it (RIBBONCLOSE command), does the A re-appear in full?

in LT2013, if your commandline was floating does the problem go away? I noticed you have it set quite tall, if it was only 3-4 lines high does the problem go away too?

PS: in your screenshot the X to close the drawing is in the drawing area (black screen background), top right.

Message 23 of 34
jhjirak
in reply to: pendean

Dean - yes ribbon is docked.  I undocked it, then re-docked it and the problem is still occurring.  The "A" will re-appear fine, the after a moment is will appear cut-off like in the screen shots.  Its a problem that wont go away and has been there since the upgrade to 2013.

Yes the "X" in the upper-right corner is fine today.  But I was just saying I have had the same issues periodically. 

Message 24 of 34
pendean

That is so weird it comes and goes like that: can you identify when it happens? Is there a pattern someone can repeat?

There usually is a trigger.

Ever since LT2011 I rarely but occasionally have the X close for the file go away too, but since CLOSE command works just fine (at it's various locations or just by typing). The trigger for me I found is many files open for a very long time in a session. Not sure anyone can fix something 'occasional'.

Message 25 of 34
Jimfanuc

I agree.  I have been on this site for numerous bugs.  The poeple here are great, but the software is as buggy as any release I've seen.

And Acad doesn't seem to have fixes.  Every report filed has no fix, but will be emailed when and if.

Message 26 of 34
Jimfanuc

I've restored W7, repaired, installed ACAD, cleaned the registry, etc.

All this is still here.

One thing is, the command is not there, not just the "X".  I've clicked in the area where the "X" should be, but nothing happens.  The entire "X" and MAX-MIN buttons are not there. 

Message 27 of 34
jhjirak

ok so look at the screen capture.  the "A" is cut in half and the text is cut in half on the open menu on the left side?  Not sure what the deal is but its annoying.

please advise.

Message 28 of 34
Charles_Shade

The Folder Bar on the Open Window is a Windows setting.

You will have to talk to Uncle Bill about that one.

It may be static.

Message 29 of 34
jhjirak

ok so all my problems go away when I switch autocad to "classic" workspace.  The "A" in upper left corner is fine, the "X" in upper right to close the drawings is fine. 

I hate the RIBBON!!!!!!

Message 30 of 34
pendean

One down, OP to go 😞

Message 31 of 34
Jimfanuc

Yes, unfortunately I'm already in classic mode.  The problems there are another thread.

Also, the toolbars, or whatever they are called, (the layer, linetype, etc.) stay on the desktop, completely off of the ACAD application.  You can see them hovering above the environment in my second screen shot, like another application open.

Message 32 of 34
pendean

What is your Windows display setting? I can't replicate at all here so let's try to see if I can replicate.

Message 33 of 34
Jimfanuc

1680 X 1050 RESOLUTION

Message 34 of 34
pendean

Well, that's not it either 😞

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost