Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clipboard Copy/Paste

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Charles_Shade
3736 Views, 15 Replies

Clipboard Copy/Paste

When using the Clipboard to move entities from one drawing to another I need to open the window Tools; Options; and that's it for the Paste as Block and Paste Options to be available. This is a one time thing for each drawing but is somewhat annoying.

I am not sure if it is a one time thing for each day. What I mean is do I need to do this with each new session of LT? That I will need to check out. I tried my Template and it allowed Paste without going to the Options Dialog in the same session.

Object selection limit for display of grips is set to 32,000

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
pendean
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Not sure your post is clear on the problem: CTRL+C / CTRL+V and CTRL+SHIFT+C / CTRL+SHIFT+V seem to work fine all the time in LT2012, no need to tap the menu icons.

Message 3 of 16
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pendean

Paste and Paste as Block are grayed out until I open Tools, Options, and then OK in the target drawing.

I'm not a big keyboard typer so for me its a little annoying.

Message 4 of 16
pendean

Sorry for the silly question, but where are the grayed-out icons in LT2012? I'm not a big icon user.

Message 5 of 16
Charles_Shade

This screenshot has already been corrected by Tools, Options, OK

I'll try to remember to post tomorrow before I correct it showing the two grayed out.

Message 6 of 16
Charles_Shade

And a new day the options are Grayed out until I go to Tools; Option; OK...

Message 7 of 16
pendean

There is nothing to paste, so paste options are greyed out? The PASTE option was lit when I started LT2012 because I did a copy/paste in another thread (so my Windows Clipboard was populated). Invoking a COPYCLIP from inside AutoCAD made the paste-as-Block light up too. I'm still in the same drawing for Paste to Coordinates is still shaded.

Did you migrate from an earlier version, or heavily customize? Your righ-click looks different than mine.

Message 8 of 16
Charles_Shade

I did Copy from one to Paste to this prior to opening that dialog so yes there was something to Paste.

Yes my right click menu has been changed to suit my needs. I did do this to the predefined right click menu and did not create a complete new one.

This CUI is migrated from LT 2011 which worked fine for this Clipboard Menu.

Are you thinking I've likely hosed something up in there?

I know that Migration is not your gig but when I installed 2012, other than this, the only difference I noticed was that the banner at the top said 2012 and not 2011. The interface and customizations, as far I can tell, migrated beautifully.

Message 9 of 16
pendean

It may be overkill, but I tend to build a new CUI with each version using the new version's command list exclusively, and only use the older CUI to pull custom coded macros and toolbars.

I'm not sure if it relates to your issue at all but it is curious that the right-click menu and the pulldown menu are not in sync. Hope it is that easy of a fix.

Message 10 of 16
Charles_Shade

Hmmm - Are you thinking the Clipboard selections under the Edit pulldown need to match to the Right click menu choices?

Message 11 of 16
pendean

Drag and drop from one to the other in place of your entries and see if that helps.

Message 12 of 16
atleee

I have the same problem in autoCAD 2011. I also just read an old thread showing that autoCAD 2010 had the same problem : http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/archive/index.php/t-44780.html

Message 13 of 16
pendean

Try COPY command if you are not able to share a dwg file with this problem.
Message 14 of 16
awstiver

Similar problem in LT2013.  Clipboard: Copy with Base Point - Highlight objects to be copied, select base point.  Go to other drawing, Clipboard:  Paste and Paste as Block are greyed out.  Ctrl-V works.  This is inconsistent - sometimes works as it should, sometimes not.  Doesn't seem to matter whether it's a drawing I created or a drawing I received form someone else.

Message 15 of 16
sthompson1021
in reply to: awstiver

Hi, something you can try is when you return to the target .dwg just click on something to highlight it and then right click and see if your paste and paste as block come back. Not sure if it will work in LT but it's a tip I seen in the 2013 forum and it works in full.

Message 16 of 16
Charles_Shade
in reply to: awstiver

OPTIONS, Ok typically solves this for me when the choices are greyed out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost