Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

choose multiple laye

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
EL-Designer
396 Views, 5 Replies

choose multiple laye

Hi

is there any way that i able to choose 2 or more layer at the same time? I am trying to change some layers , with quick select or layermerge I have to go one by one, I wonder if there is another way to this?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hwalker
in reply to: EL-Designer

Do you have the layer properties toolbar visible? If so there is an icon to the left of the layer name (outside the white area) which is called 'Layer Properties Manager' click on that and the layers dialog box will appear

Typing Layer on the command line will do the same thing

Now you can select multiple layers.

If the layers are next to each other click on the first layer, hold down shift and click on the last.

If the layers are not next to each other click on the first layer, hold down ctrl and click on the other layers you wish to change

You can now change the properties of these layers all at the same time

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 6
EL-Designer
in reply to: hwalker

good idea  but,

you can change the properties this way and you cant make them all in one layer! i mean I want to choose 3 layer all together and change the layer name so instead of having 3 different layer I have one.

Message 4 of 6
hwalker

Right

There are least two ways to do what you want

One is the properties painter (Matchprop),

Choose an object on the layer you want the others to be on and click it. Now choose the other objects.

BUT there are flaws with that in that unless you set the properties correctly it can mess up text sizes and the such like

Another way is very simply select all the objects you want to change the layer for, and remember that layer toolbar I mentioned. At the RIGHT of the layer name you will see a downward facing black triangle. Click on that.

All you layers will now be listed. Click on the layer you want your objects to be on, and now they will all be on the same layer. 

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 6
EL-Designer
in reply to: hwalker

i guess quick select and merge layer are the best options !!!

Thank you

Message 6 of 6
sthompson1021

Hi, the way I would do it is to use layer isolate. Just select one object from each layer and hit enter. Then select everything and open the properties box and change layer from varies to the layer you want. You can also choose to change colors, linetype, text style, whatever to bylayer or leave as is.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost