Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the colour of text and entities to Red in AutoCAD LT 2013

26 REPLIES 26
SOLVED
Message 1 of 27
Anonymous
5109 Views, 26 Replies

Changing the colour of text and entities to Red in AutoCAD LT 2013

Could someone tell me how do i change the text and entities from Black to Red after the WBlock has been inserted into a new drawing and exploded.

Your prompt response and assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Basil

26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

If the Block has been Exploded then click on or window all the entities and right click.

Choose Properties near the bottom of the menu.

One of the options in the Properties window will be Color.

Set this to Red perhaps?

Message 3 of 27
AcadAdamLT

If there alot of entities to change you could use either Qselect or Selectsimilar to select all the entities at ones,

Then just do what Charles said. 😉

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

Hmm?????.. I've tried 'Selectsimilar' command within AutoCAD LT 2013 and set the Color in Properties Inspector to Red. ('QSelect' command doesn't exist in AutoCAD LT 2013) However, the entities selected are still showing Black within the drawing. Regards Basil Wallace Estimator For and on behalf of Lightpower Limited Tel: 0121 766 5986 www.lightpoweronline.com
Message 5 of 27
AcadAdamLT

Qselect does exist in Autocad LT 2013.

Are the texts nested in a block?

Could you maybe attach the file so I can look?

AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 6 of 27
Charles_Shade

Are you looking at these in Modelspace or Paperspace (Layout)?

Message 7 of 27
Anonymous

What do you mean by "nested in a block"? Regards Basil Wallace Estimator For and on behalf of Lightpower Limited Tel: 0121 766 5986 www.lightpoweronline.com
Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I'm looking at these in Modelspace. Regards Basil Wallace Estimator For and on behalf of Lightpower Limited Tel: 0121 766 5986 www.lightpoweronline.com
Message 9 of 27
AcadAdamLT

Can you edit the text from modelspace or is it inside a block?

If you post the file it will be easier for us to help you.

AutoCad LT 2016
Message 10 of 27
pendean

>>>... after the WBlock has been inserted into a new drawing and exploded....<<<

Change the layer they are on to black perhaps: inserted objects take on the settings of the file they are in.

You seem quite flustered to follow simple instructions: are you new to AutoCAD? Or just new to LT2013?

LIST command, type it at the command line, hit <enter> key on the keyboard then select one of these text objects you wish to change: what does LT tell you about the object you picked? IT should tell you whether this is:

- TEXT or MTEXT

- COLOR

- STYLE

and so much more. The answer to your question is there, find out and if you cannot figure it out post back with all the details we would need to understand what you see on your screen.

Message 11 of 27
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pendean

And post the block in question too.

Message 12 of 27
Anonymous

No, I'm not new to AutoCAD.

I have been using both AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT for a number of years until i got to AutoCAD 2008. After that i stopped using AutoCAD simply because my previous roles didn't require me to use it.

I only gone back to using AutoCAD last year. Because i was struggling with using the features of AutoCAD Electrical 2012, i wasn't productive in producing sufficient drawings in less time simply because i stopped using the software.

I had to retrain by learning about AutoCAD Electrical 2009 so that i leapfrog onto AutoCAD Electrical 2012. As a result, my productivity greatly improved.

Now i'm having to relearn both AutoCAD 2013 and AutoCAD 2013 just to keep my skills up-to-date.

Getting back to your reply, the problem that i've got with the drawing file is that the entities namely lines, circles, and hatch etc. are in black and cannot be changed to Red after they were exploded from a Wblock. 

Message 13 of 27
pendean

OK, you note your files are from AutoCAD Electrical now? Electrical is a "vertical" version of AutoCAD and a question someone above asked that you did not answer. Are these files from AutoCAD Electrical?

WBLOCK is not an object type, it's a command name that simply created a new DWG file from content inside another DWG file. So you exploded a drawing, not a "wblock" as that makes no sense at all.

You still continue to ignore questions people are asking:

- Are these objects set to BYLAYER for color, or are they manually set to be "black"?

- Why are you unable to use LIST command to find out (see my reply above asking you to do so)?

I'm glad you are coming back and teaching yourself, but you still seem unable to answer anyone's questions, you only like to repeat your original question. What seems to be the problem with our questions, are they not detailed enough?

Message 14 of 27
Anonymous

I don't have access to the AutoCAD LT 2013 file at the moment as i'm not at the office.

I will try out your recommedndations when i'm back at the office on Monday morning to open AutoCAD LT 2013 and will come back to you if i'm successful.

Regards

Basil

Message 15 of 27
pendean

Look forward to it.

Message 16 of 27
Anonymous

I've used the "LAYER" command as originally suggested and clicked on the text and entities on the screen. The results shown on the drawing are as follows: ELLIPSE Layer: "CBS_Detector with Sounder Space: Model Space Color 1 (red) Linetype: "BYLAYER" LINE Layer: "CBS_Detector with Sounder Space: Model Space Color 1 (red) Linetype: "BYLAYER" TEXT Layer: "CBS_Call Point Space: Model Space Color 7 (white) Linetype: "BYLAYER" MTEXT Layer: "Small Power" Space: Model Space Color 1 (red) Linetype: "BYLAYER" LINE Layer: "4738 - Model unit 1 plans elevations sections$0$A___STRUCTURE_GRIDS" Space: Model Space Color 1 (red) Linetype: "CENTER" BLOCK REFERENCE Layer: "Small Power" Space: Model Space Color 1 (red) Linetype: "BYLAYER" HATCH Layer: "CBS_Detector with Sounder Space: Model Space Color 1 (red) Linetype: "BYLAYER" TEXT Layer: "FIRE" Space: Model Space Color 1 (red) Linetype: "BYLAYER" Style: Arial Regards Basil Wallace Estimator For and on behalf of Lightpower Limited Tel: 0121 766 5986 www.lightpoweronline.com
Message 17 of 27
pendean

It worked as you want it?

Message 18 of 27
AcadAdamLT

Just a little input to note from your text:

TEXT Layer: "CBS_Call Point Space: Model Space Color 7 (white)

Also, this would be a thousand times easier if you could just post the block.

AutoCad LT 2016
Message 19 of 27
Anonymous

Copy of drawing in AutoCAD LT 2013 as requested. Regards Basil Wallace Estimator For and on behalf of Lightpower Limited Tel: 0121 766 5986 www.lightpoweronline.com
Message 20 of 27
Charles_Shade

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost