Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing text style on all texts in drawing.

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
AcadAdamLT
145469 Views, 17 Replies

Changing text style on all texts in drawing.

As Topic explains, just realized ( to my embarrasment ) that I have just done every text in an entire drawing with text style "standard" instead of our own "ETR".

There is no difference in font/height/width or anything, reason I need to change it is because we need to send our drawing to our client in .dwg format and he will then copy everything we've done on the drawing and import it into his  own drawing. Problem is if he doesn't use the same font as standard style as we do our text might be dislocated in some places.

Problem is many of my texts are attributes within blocks and they need to change too.

Does anyone have any quick and smart way to change every text and attribute on the drawing, nested or not to another textstyle?

Thanks in advance

//Adam

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
bgingerich
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

I know of no way to do this without lisp or vba, Sorry. Smiley Sad

If there aren't too many blocks, qselecting all text objects will allow you to change the text style via the properties palette.  You would have to go into each block and select the text/attributes to change them. 

Another option would be to explode all of the blocks with attributes in them, qselect and change the style.  Obviously then, you would have to recreate your blocks.  HTH

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
Message 3 of 18
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: bgingerich

That's exactly what I was afraid off Smiley Sad

If only I could run a LISP ='/

Now I got **** loads of work to do since these documents need to be done and sent by tomorrow morning and time is 21:00 here in Sweden. Smiley Sad

Thanks for the reply

Be well

AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 4 of 18
bgingerich

I'm not an expert Smiley Wink so there might be another way, but I wouldn't wait for it.

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
Message 5 of 18
pendean
in reply to: bgingerich

See screenshot #1 then #2: I would recommend you then create a new STYLE called STANDARD.

No idea if you'll have file problems, but it will get you passed your morning deadline in the short term.

Message 6 of 18
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: pendean

Pendean, worked like a blessing.

You made my day.. or atleast night, thank you very much

AutoCad LT 2016
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous

I used the properties manager.  Just type 'properties' into the command line or launch from the menu.

You can isolate the text by layers first and then select, however, the properties manager lets you select different types of elements from a crossing or window selection, so I chose the 'Mtext (20)' option, which isolated my 20 text boxes.

I could then change the style, height, almost anything.

Hope this might work for others browsing this thread!

Message 8 of 18
chase.gifford

@pendean now is there a way to do this with a LISP routine so it can be batched?

Message 9 of 18
pendean
in reply to: chase.gifford

There is no LISP in LT (the forum we are in), but if you go to the LISP Forum I'm sure the excellent gurus over there will help you create one https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-customization/ct-p/AutoCADTopic1
Message 10 of 18
chase.gifford

Ahh, I didn't realize I was in the LT forum my bad folks!
Message 11 of 18
cadffm
in reply to: chase.gifford

With LT? Note you post in LT Forum.

And yes, you can do "all things" by programming and you will find some simple codes to merge styles.
Mostly the simple codes are working in current file and you have to manage the BATCH part. Do you know how?
Example: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-forum/text-lisp-routine-needed-for-merging-text-styles/td-p/2...

More comfort with other programs is possible.
Search for it..

I dont know about your knowledge and i dont know about example programs and how much you would pay for it,
so i give only the example link and the hint that there are many solutions if you search for it.

Search for:
Autocad merge styles batch
- Sebastian -
Message 12 of 18
chase.gifford
in reply to: cadffm

didn't realize I was in LT.  As far as batching - I have an excel macro that will open, run a command, save plot and close.  So it's gotta be LISP for what I need.  The drawings aren't standardized really either.

Message 13 of 18
insidekiran

MATCH ALL MTEXT TO SPECIFIED TEXT. IT WILL CHANGE ITS STYLE BUT SPECIFIED STYLE BUT IT WILL NOT SEEN.  FOR THIS YOU NEED TO EXLPODE ALL MTEXT TO TEXT.

Message 14 of 18
miken

I did this using the QSELECT command.

Apply to: Entire drawing

Object type: Mtext or text (may need to run twice if both)

Properties: Style

Operator: =Equals

Value: Select the current text style you want to change from.

Once all text is selected, go to the properties palette and change the current style to the style you want.

Done

Message 15 of 18
pendean
in reply to: miken

.... unless you MTEXT have overrides inside, then that method falls flat on its face.

Message 16 of 18

select text, right click then select similar. then go to properties and change style. 

Message 17 of 18
martin.chapusa

Hi!  I know that  the command CHTEXT works for editing the font style globally, however this is from the older AutoCAD 14  bonus menu which i have stored over the past few years to use in newer versions... load using Appload and type chtext to use

Message 18 of 18
pendean
in reply to: martin.chapusa

@martin.chapusa You are posting in the LT forum, and AutoCADLT cannot load or run LISP routines, so your advice is impractical for users of this software.

If you don't know what LT can and cannot do, read this https://www.thebalancesmb.com/how-to-choose-between-autocad-and-autocad-lt-845324

HTH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost