Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing lines into spline

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bc0120
4903 Views, 3 Replies

Changing lines into spline

I have AutoCAD 2008 LT and we have been doing some changes in the office conerning how we show our ductwork (i.e., rigid and flex) and instead of just a regular polyline we are moving to splines. Is there a way to draw a straight line and then change them to look like a zig-zag? (That's the best way know of describing it)

Any help is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
drjohn
in reply to: bc0120

Well, just off the top o' my head, you can always draw the straight line ... pedit it and change it to a polyline ...  then, with no command active, select the new pline you just made and then hover over a grip with the aperture box of the crosshairs and a menu will appear that has, among others, ADD VERTEX as a selection. Add a vetrex and grip and drag it to what you want.  After that, you can spline it if req'd.

Just a thought ... check that out and see if it will do what you want.

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 4
Charles_Shade
in reply to: drjohn

LT 2008 does not have the PLINE functions described above. I know it is in LT 2011 and the currently shipping LT 2012. PLINEs are far more interesting now.

You can draw several PLINE's and SPLINE them as described above from the PEDIT command.

PEDIT in LT 2008 will change selected LINEs to PLINEs automatically when PEDIT is invoked I believe.

SPLINE(ing) is a right click menu of a PLINE in 2012.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 4 of 4
drjohn
in reply to: Charles_Shade

@Charles_Shade wrote:

LT 2008 does not have the PLINE functions described above.

oh .... my bad  Smiley Mad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost