Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Dimension Style

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Lt_User
557 Views, 3 Replies

Changing Dimension Style

Hello, not sure if there is a way to do this but I have approximately 800 library files that I would like to change the Dimension Style on. Is there a way or some program out there that would allow me to change the Dimension Style on all 800 drawings at once or do I need to open each one up change and save?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Lt_User

Change what about a dimstyle exactly? a variable or twenty, or adding a new one then updating all the exsting dims already in the files? What steps do you need to take inside each file to do what you want? Understanding the procedure without the use of pop-ups is key to programming/doing what you want across many files with no user input.

Separate question: Do you have access to full AutoCAD? LT alone offers no ability to open and edit many files automatically.

Message 3 of 4
Lt_User
in reply to: pendean

I have a Dimension Style that I would like to use for all drawings. The files were originally created using a different style and I would like to update them all to suit the new one. So everything about the style has changed.

I want to delete the current Style and replace it with my new one.

Yes I have access to both Lt and Full AutoCAD

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Lt_User

SCRIPTPRO from Autodesk is a free tool that can open many DWG files and inside each run a script file: there is also a freeware called AUTOSCRIPT that works too, try a Google search. Both require you have full AutoCAD to run.

So all you need now is to write the script file: command line only with no pop-ups of pauses for user input. Do you have all of these lined up? Your reply was light on details on which AutoCAD commands you would use to do what you wanted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost