Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change xref path

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Porkbelly
779 Views, 5 Replies

change xref path

I know you can insert an XRef w/ 'No Path' but how can you change the path type of an xref already inserted in a drawing?
I copy sets of drawings from an existing project folder to create a new project folder and don't want to have to
re-specify the xref path to the new project folder.....
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
lrlandusky
in reply to: Porkbelly

Before you copy the project, specify the path to be a partial path or no path like you said. Then open your new project files click on each xref and save the path it uses.

I set up "template" drawings with sections and titleblock information I place in every job. They are all set up with no path. After I copy them into the new folder, I update the xref paths and save them with the new and complete path they found.

To change xref paths in a drawing, type XREF (or XR for shortcut) and click on the xref. If the path is missing, you may have to browse to find the first one. Copy the path text from one xref to another and change the drawing name for the subsequent xrefs.

Hope this helps.
-Lance
Message 3 of 6
Porkbelly

That's the whole problem, the dialogue boxes allow me to 'view' only, not change the xref path type. Am I looking in the wrong place?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

LT version? mind readers got august off this year... .

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Message 5 of 6
lrlandusky

When you click on an xref, do you see the phrase
"Nested Xref. Path can only be changed in the Xref's immediate host."
down at the bottom left of the window?

If so, open all of the drawings you have xref'ed and see which one is "hosting" the xrefs. Meaning, which drawing has them xref'ed into a drawing and will allow you to change them. The xref path can only be changed in the drawing where the xref was originally attached (unless you attach them as type "overlay" instead of "attach").

Look at the jpg I attached.

If I were to click on "34-1_Fdn Details" then I can manipulate that one xref. The others are attached in the file 34-1_Fdn Details drawing and I would need to open that drawing to manipulate the xref's.
Message 6 of 6
Porkbelly

- LT 2007 -

Sorry for the delay responding......
my Mother-in-Law passed away on the 11th,
and I was out all last week.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost