Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change color of selected line

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
gen-tec01
2416 Views, 4 Replies

Change color of selected line

I'd like to map one of my keyboards custom keys to change the color of a selected line or object to a hard-coded color, e.g. blue. Is there a single command or sequence of keystrokes to change the color of an already selected line or object in AutoCAD LT 2014?

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: gen-tec01

There is no key-recorder in LT, you will need to purchase Full AutoCAD for that ability. There is also no LISP programming to create a typed key stroke do many things.

If you want to write a macro for a button to click on to do what you seek (or add it as a right-click menu option) try CHPROP command, practice with it at the commandline and find the sequence that works best for you. Then post that sequence here for help writing the macro code. AVOID USING ANY POP-UPS, all of it needs to be done at the commandline by typing.
Message 3 of 5
gen-tec01
in reply to: pendean

I don't plan to use AutoCAD to automate this. I'll just map my custom keyboard key (not a clickable button) to send the appropriate key strokes to AutoCAD as if I had typed them. I just need to know if there is a command or sequence of keystrokes to change the color of an already selected line.

It sort of works, with nothing selected, to type CHPROP, then select the line, then set the color property, but this uses up 2 commands and a click (type CHPROP and Enter, do the select with the mouse, type the rest of the commands and Enters). I want to do it with a single sequence of keystrokes (no additional clicks) on an already selected line.
Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: gen-tec01

Like I wrote earlier, not in LT. There is no MAKEOBJECTCOLORBLUE in LT.

CHPROP should work fine if you already have a line selected: try the test again: ensure PICKFIRST and PICKADD variables are both set to 1.
Message 5 of 5
gen-tec01
in reply to: pendean

Thanks! That works now. My PICKADD was 2; changed it to 1 and seems to be good to go.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost