Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot unisolate layers in AutoCad LT 2014

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jcioffi
2503 Views, 5 Replies

Cannot unisolate layers in AutoCad LT 2014

I isolated 2 layers in a drawing.  While working on those 2 layers being isolated, I again isolated one of those 2 leaving 1 layer.  I executed the LAYUNISO command which brought back the last layer (that I had isolated after executing my first LAYISO command), but did not unisolate all of the other layers that were isolated during my first LAYISO command.  I attempted using the LAYUNISO command again, but it still remains with only those 2 originally isolated layers and I cannot unisolate the other layers.  I have also tried the LAYON command.  All of the other layers are on and are not frozen.

I woiuld appreciate any help that anyone can provide me with unisolating the other layers.

Thanks!

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jcioffi
in reply to: jcioffi

p.s. The command bar says "no layers to restore from the LAYISO command" when I attempt to LAYUNISO
Message 3 of 6
hwalker

Never use the Layiso button like that always unisolate before you isolate another layer.

It creates a LayerState called Layiso_State, and when you isolated that single layer it overwrote the previous layer state which is why all you layers did not come back.

What I suggest you do now is call up the Layer Manager Dialog Box

Right Click and choose 'SELECT ALL'

Now the first three icons which are ON, FREEZE and LOCK, make sure they are all yellow, ie ALL layers are ON, UNFROZEN and UNLOCKED

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 4 of 6
pendean

You cannot 'double-isolate': it's not designed to do so.
Message 5 of 6
jcioffi
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the replies.  Needless to say, I did not know that I could not "double-isolate".  I will obviously never do it again.  My problem is that I did it and cannot seem to figure out a way to undo it.  I did try what you said hwalker and unfortunately it is still not showing the other layers.  They are all shown as being on, unfrozen and unlocked.

Any more ideas anyone?

Message 6 of 6
pendean

If you get the same error message (nothing to unisolate), it means the LAYISO command never functioned or never completed it's task.

What are LAYISO's settings set to? And did you correct any layer settings first as noted above from hwalker?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost