Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot save previous files to upgraded version from a previous student version

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
319 Views, 4 Replies

Cannot save previous files to upgraded version from a previous student version

I cannot save my previous files created on a student version to an upgraded 2014 version. I tried changing the save as path in the options menu, but no luck. I am able to open the file in the upgraded version but it states that it will open as a student version. Also I cannot copy and paste anything from the student version to the upgraded one. Not sure why. Does anybody know of a solution. I would highly appreciate any help! Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
hwalker
in reply to: Anonymous

A student version is just that. It is not to be used for commercial profit.

Any objects, drawings (basically anything from the student version) that you import into LT will put a plot stamp on all your drawings which says "Student Version" or something like that (I've never had the Student version).

You need to start from scratch and do your objects / drawings again.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: hwalker

Be Careful - You may have infected your system with the Stamp already.

Stop using the Student Version created content and remove these from your System.

If you do have a pervasive Student Stamp a reseller in your area may be able to help.

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

EDU stamp and warnings are based on content in the file: the program you use is irrelevant.

EDU license agreement is about restricting the use of the content as well as an EDU-licensed AutoCAD version in commercial environment.

The software ytou use now is irrelevant: your files are stamped and any content you use from them will also be stamped.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: hwalker

Thank you for all your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost