Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot draw, select or enter commands in AutoCAD

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
koniholland
3682 Views, 11 Replies

Cannot draw, select or enter commands in AutoCAD

Hi,

I got a user who uses AutoCAD 2013 LT. He is not able to draw lines, type commands, select objects etc, in new and in existing documents (that other users can edit). I have reset the default settings and did a reinstall of AutoCAD through a package. This did not resolve it. He also does not get the "crosshair" you normally see when using AutoCAD. 

Please advise. 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Charles_Shade
in reply to: koniholland

Is there anything the user can do other than open a DWG file?

If not time for a more aggressive repair.

Autodesk Recommended Clean Install Procedure:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240817&id=2887771&siteID=123112

Also the program REVO UNINSTALLER (Free) will do a better job in removing Programs than Windows uninstall.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 12
pendean

Have you seen this yourself? Your post is light on details: is the mouse/cursor invisible? Or using it to click on buttons doesn't work? Or....?
See it for yourself then describe it better please.
Message 4 of 12
koniholland
in reply to: pendean

I have seen this myself. The mouse is a regular mouse. clicking buttons work, the command is even visible on the bottom. I'm not able to type in any commands, select objects or place a line in an image. Other users are able to do this. normally there is a sort of crosshair visible when editing images.I have seen this crosshair on other machines that come with the same OS and AutoCAD installation (OS is done by imaging, AutoCAD by package)

Message 5 of 12
pendean

Is the OS Windows7? If yes, turn off the Aero Theme and use the WIndows Basic theme instead.

Also, go into LT2013 and change the hardware acceleration setting using 3DCONFIG command and see if that helps.

Message 6 of 12
koniholland

Yes the user is using Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit. I changed the Aero theme to Windows Basic theme. I'm not able to type any commands in LT2013. That option is not working. 

Message 7 of 12
pendean

You've got issues far beyond the application going on I suspect: time to reimage the PC to match all the others 100% identical.

Message 8 of 12
Bob_Zurunkle

..and plug the mouse and keyboard back in while you're at it! 😉

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 9 of 12
peterhoglund

Same thing just happened to me in AutoCAD 2012. Mouse and keyboard works fine in AutoCAD menus and all other programs, but not in the graphical area of AutoCAD, I cannot enter a command except for [spacebar}/enter nor mark, select, left or right click with the mouse. Everything worked fine two days ago but when I started up today this situation appears.

Message 10 of 12
pendean
in reply to: peterhoglund

Restart Windows yet?

How about Windows' System Restore feature if the above did not work?

Message 11 of 12
koniholland

I also tried windows system restore function but it didn't work.

I ended up reinstalling the computer.

Thank you all for the answers.

Message 12 of 12
peterhoglund

I solved my problem by removing my 3Dconnexion SpaceNavigator. Now AutoCAD works fine, and when using the computer with the docking station with SpaceNavigator it works fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost