Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't publish from AutoCad LT 2006

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
bruce-pgc
636 Views, 8 Replies

Can't publish from AutoCad LT 2006

After years of never using Publish I’ve had a reason to use the function and can’t seem to get it to work. I’ve tried it from both the right click menu of the ‘Selected Layouts’ mode and also from the menu bar (File/Publish) mode.

I’m using AutoCad LT 2006 LT with Vista Business SP 1

From 'Selected layouts':

1) I highlight the sheets that I want to publish
2) I right click and select ‘Publish Selected Layouts’
3) The ‘Publish’ dialog box appears
4) I change the radio button to DWF file
5) I hit ‘Publish’ and a ‘Select DWF File’ dialog screen appears with a list of folders
6) At this point I can only cancel which take me back to the ‘Publish’ dialog or hit ‘Select’
7) When I hit ‘Select’ I get a Microsoft popup that says “AutoCad has stopped working”
8) When I hit ‘Close Program’ I then get a popup that says “Background plot request failed. Turn off background plotting and try again”

From the menu bar:

1) I go to File\Publish
2) The ‘Publish’ dialog box appears
3) I hit ‘Publish’ and the ‘Select DWF File’ dialog screen appears with a list of folders
4) From here the program responds as described above

In both cases even though Microsoft says it will close the program AutoCad does not stop working. I have tried to find anything that addresses the background printing issue with no success. I have also tried to change the printer/plotter in the page setup to DWF6ePLOT.pc3 also with no success.

Can anyone out there help?

Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: bruce-pgc

Turn off background plotting and publishing yet?
LT2006 is not supported in Vista.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 3 of 9
bruce-pgc

Dean,

Looked and looked through help and couldn't find the background system variable. (Kind of like can't see the forest for thee trees.) Your advice fixed the problem. Thanks much.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

OPTIONS command>Plot tab to turn off background plotting and publishing.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 5 of 9
RedMan77

I am having difficulty believing that the acceptable answer to this fix is turn off background plotting. Several forums are saying it is buggy and doesnt work and this is a first for me. Does anyone here (including moderators from Autodesk) actually have the fix. Background plotting has worked perfectly in a network since for me since it first came out.
Message 6 of 9
Jason.Ferrelli
in reply to: RedMan77

I agree with thecadmanan, I work in an office with 60+ CAD users and we have been running C3D 2009 since Jan now and all of a sudden we have about 5 users that are getting this Background Plot Request Failed message. So right now I can plot using SSM just fine but the user next to me can't? this makes no sense.

Jason Ferrelli
Message 7 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Jason.Ferrelli

"All of a sudden" is usually a clue something changed on the systems or network. Work with your I.T. (or if that is you, bring in an outside consultant) to figure out why all-of-a-sudden happened.

Software does not just break one day, there is always a reason.

Message 8 of 9
Jason.Ferrelli
in reply to: pendean

well all of a sudden is just 5 users out of 60+ so i find it hard to believe that it is a network issue is everyone else is running fine. I am going to try to repiar their CAD and if that doesnt work then maybe reinstall.

Jason Ferrelli
Message 9 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Jason.Ferrelli

Exactly, all-of-a-sudden is a change those 5 experienced: so out of 60, something unique only happened to them. Makes it easier to find the culprit. Good luck with the hunt, look beyond a reinstall IMHO, start with a system restore.

Autodesk recommended uninstall and reinstall procedures:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10243968&linkID=9240617

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost