Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install True View 2013

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
madcowscarnival
2790 Views, 10 Replies

Can't install True View 2013

Can anyone help in very short order.  The Architect posted a drawing that I must print in 2012 format (she forgot to save to 2004).  I have tried 6 machines in our office this morning, attempting to get True View 2013 to run.  The exact same error problem that plagued my attempts to use True View 2012 are occurring.  True View says .NET 4.0 isn't installed.  The problem is, that it is installed and running correctly.  In two of the machines I went through the repair process of .NET 4.0 to see if there was a problem.  There wasn't, no change; True View still errored out before installing.  Is this a problem with buggy software?  Are there any other options open to me?  I don't know why they stopped updating True Convert.  It was far superior and not full of programming/install bugs.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

As an update.  I also downloaded the 64-bit version to try on the Windows 7 computers (all with .NET 4.0 already installed).  Same error: .NET 4.0 not installed on the computer. 

Message 3 of 11

Small consolation but True View 2013 installed fine here on a Win 7 64bit OS.

Can I convert the file for you?

What version do you need?

BTW - What version of CAD are you on?

Under the File dropdown do you have the option to Convert there? It is built in to LT 2013

Message 4 of 11
pendean
in reply to: madcowscarnival

TRUEVIEW support forum is here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/DWG-TrueView/bd-p/109

Installation forum for most Autodesk products is here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

The program may not like the version/variant of .NET4 you have installed: a removal would be something to try if you cannot get help from the two forums above (search for similar problems there too, don't just post).

Message 5 of 11

Thanks for the offer Shade.  The Architect was able to get someone to go to her desk and save as a format that I needed.  I did search the forums for a similar problem to mine, with no applicable results.  I will continue the search and install attempts.

Message 6 of 11
Barvas11

Exactly the same issue in here! Nothing helps! Rubbish! 

Message 7 of 11
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Barvas11

Message 8 of 11

Barvas11, I took the .NET uninstall with REVO and reinstall steps as listed by Shade prior to my original posting, to no success.  Here is what "somehow" worked.  I had been wanting to install the trial version of ACad 2013 anyway.  So after a HUGE download, I went through the install process, and noticed that where I expected it to hang up (in the same manner as TrueView) 2013 took an extra step, added what was needed to the .NET framework, and completed installation.  Since I was paying close attention to the processes and noticed that it did not hang up with the error, I then tried True View again, and it worked properly.  Bizzaro.

So to summarize, install a trial of the newest ACad product and then install True View 2013

Message 9 of 11
Barvas11

Hi madcowscarnival,

I just did as they said and it didn't work (no surprise to be honest)

I will try to install new 2013 and see what happens. Can you run two different versions of autocad on the same pc?

Message 10 of 11
madcowscarnival
in reply to: Barvas11

I had no problem with running multiple versions of Autocad on my machine.  It changed the icon for dwg when I installed 2013, but after uninstall they reverted to the correct icon with no problem.

Message 11 of 11
Barvas11

RESULT!!!! Thanks very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost