Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't finish "up and ready" registration

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Lynne-CM
402 Views, 11 Replies

Can't finish "up and ready" registration

Can't find this "request" code. I found an activation code in my email confirmation but it doesn't work.  So, I can't finish my registration which means I can't get support.  Does this seem backward to anyone else?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
philip.s
in reply to: Lynne-CM

Hello Lynne!

Apologies for the inconvenience. Can you provide a screen shot of where the process is asking for a request code? Is it the same request code that's referenced here?

Message 3 of 12
Lynne-CM
in reply to: philip.s

I tried using a few different activation codes provided in my registration confirmation emails but they didn't work: H6N1 PAGQ 2U0H RHYR W7R1 4FGL ZAK5 JVAG H2PP VS5Q 5WHN RNKR N0SZ FWGZ

[cid:image001.png@01CE86F2.EAB19FC0]
Message 4 of 12
philip.s

Thanks for confirming and it doesn't look like the image came through. Are you able to generate a request code from the activation screen?

I can certainly help troubleshoot the up and ready registration issue, but just out of curiosity, what is the main issue that you're having getting your software up and running? Installation? Activation? Any specific errors?

Message 5 of 12
Lynne-CM

I don't know how to get to the activation screen .. ?

The installation trouble is with a .hdi file being corrupt. The program won't open.
Message 6 of 12
philip.s

Can you please copy the exact error message?

Additionally, can you send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number and the link you received to register for Up and Ready support.

Message 7 of 12
ljb.ct

I am having the same problems, video driver file error message that shuts the program down on launch. Right now in the middle of trying to uninstall entire AutoCAD LT 2014 and then will reinstall. Unable to get Up and Ready support to work, is this the next best place to find help?
Message 8 of 12
pendean
in reply to: ljb.ct

video driver file error? Are you by chance on a laptop equipped with an 'extra' video card?
Message 9 of 12
ljb.ct
in reply to: pendean

There is one monitor shared by two workstations via a switch. The towers
are not used at the same time so the switch lets me have one monitor on the
desk. The workstation is an older Dell with new hard drive, 8GB memory and
Windows 7; it meets all the hardware requirements for AutoCAD LT 2014 as far
as I can discern. The program launched and functioned fine once as I took a
look around to see how it differs from the 2004 LT that I used on the old
hard drive.

I purchased the software through Amazon, which I now see was a big mistake
as for the first time ever I have AutoCAD issues and support has been hard
to access.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 10 of 12
pendean

So what error message does LT2014 show that leads you to believe this is a video card error? How do you know it's a video card error?
Message 11 of 12
ljb.ct
in reply to: pendean

The error message said that the problem was with a video driver file that was missing or corrupted.  I have uninstalled everything autodesk, including the subkeys in the registry, reinstalled the autocad, and now I am up and running.  It appears that my anti-virus was still running the first time around, even though I thought I had disabled it, and that was the thing that corrupted a file or more on the installation.

Message 12 of 12
pendean

Thank you for the follow up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost