Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not use None device for plotting

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
garak0410
377 Views, 4 Replies

Can not use None device for plotting

Hello! I am the lone IT guy for a building company. In my year here, I've never had to rebuild a PC for drafting until now. We are using a VERY old batch processing program called ScriptEase. However, on the rebbuilt PC, when processing a batch, AutoCAD will not prceed because it stops and says:

"Can not use None device for plotting"

How, in the plot settings, can the correct printer and paper sized be saved? I've looked all over and cannot get it to save. Under the options and Print and Plot Devices, it is there but when manually going to PLOT, it just says NONE and will not remember the default printer.

We are using AutoCAD LT 2007

Not sure if this is a problem in the script or in AutoCAD, so wanted to begin here.

Thanks!
Brian

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: garak0410

Go to the Layout Tab, right click and choose Page Setup Manager.

Put the Plot device here and hit Okay.

Now when you plot the assigned device should be loaded.

You can do paper and Plot Styles here as well amongst other things.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
Kudos + gladly accepted if you are feeling magnanimous

Message 3 of 5
pendean

Important AutoCAD news that's been around for as long as AutoCAD has (or at least since 1989 when I started using it):

Each tab in each DWG CAD file holds the plot settings for life, until a user changes it. AutoCAD totally ignores your system setup or available hardware/drivers: the program gives the file creator, during creating of the file/tab, control on what is saved.

So... your scriptease program is calling an old Script file with 'old' no longer available drivers, and AutoCAD is objecting as it would. You will need to edit whatever 'scriptease' is using to identify and name your current printer/plotter as part of the PLOT process. Or, if it relies on the driver identified in each tab of each DWG file, you will need to change it manually as Charlie noted above (which is a lot of work IMHO).

I don't remember, does LT2007 have PUBLISH command? If not, you can purchase LT2012 and use PUBLISH to use predefined PAGESETUPS with all those layouts (if you use paperspace that is) to publish (won't cure the problem, but it will speed up plotting).

Message 4 of 5
garak0410
in reply to: pendean

This is a good start as I am still new to AutoCAD.

The batch plotter program has the same script that they used before on the previous machines and everyone else is fine using these scripts.

It is just on the two recent rebuilds that it will not work on.

I will try these sugggestions and report back.

Message 5 of 5
garak0410

Being new to batch processing scripts and installing printers differently, I found the problem.

I install all new PC's through our print server. The printers in drafting, which I just found out, are installed locally to a TCP/IP port directly to the printer. This was causing the script to fail. Fixed the printer driver and it works now.

Documented the process for the future. Thanks for the hints and tips!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost