Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculated Area different between Autocad 2012 vs LT 2011

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
402 Views, 3 Replies

Calculated Area different between Autocad 2012 vs LT 2011

I am trying to verify the actual area of a floor plan however when I "list" the polyline of the floor plan, I am getting two different figure when opened in Autocad 2012 and LT 2011. For instance, the area calculated in autocad 2012 is 900sqm vs LT 2011 is 850sqm.

It is only for this particular file that has this discrepancy. Other files I have tried gave the same area between the two versions.

We have the setting setup as the same in terms of units etc.

Help.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hwalker
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Forums

It sounds like a rounding problem. Can you post the offending drawing so we can take a look at it?

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: hwalker

I have tried verifying the area with autocad 2012, 2013, 2014 and the area through all these versions are the same.

When I verify using autocad LT 2011 the area is different.

the file can be downloaded thru this link:

http://we.tl/XVpjwGAQYK

Sorry the file is quite large even though it is just a polyline (i have tried audit, purge and even removed the reg)

thanks.

Message 4 of 4
hwalker
in reply to: Anonymous

There must be a setting rounding problem in your LT2011 somewhere. I've just loaded the file in LT2012 and LT2008 and get the 882.91 sqm.

Edit the field your using in LT2011 and don't forget to do a drawing REGEN as well. Your field might update

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost