Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAD LT - FATAL Error - Out of Memory

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
feigeTDC
1050 Views, 10 Replies

CAD LT - FATAL Error - Out of Memory

When I try open a saved CAD LT 2013 file I get an Error message saying 'FATAL ERROR: Out of memory'

The file had crashed while I was working on it and the automated recover files won't open, says: 'drawing file invalid'

I can open other files.

What does this mean and can the file be recovered?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
feigeTDC
in reply to: feigeTDC

I have converted the file to a dxf which opened and then saved back to dwg. My file is recovered but I am concerned about why this happened and if it will happen again.

Message 3 of 11
braudpat

Hello

Are you running 32 or 64 bits version of AutoCAD LT ?

Which version of AutoCAD LT exactly ?

With which Service/Update Pack ?

On which Windows ?

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 4 of 11
feigeTDC
in reply to: braudpat

Hi Pat,

- 64 Bits

- AUTOCAD LT 2013 Product version 19.0.55.0

- How do I check service update pack?

- Windows 7

The issue is continuing as I have other files opened now and CAD crashed with the attached error

Thanks,

Feige

Message 5 of 11
pendean

What recently changed on your PC? A Windows System Restore may fix it if this is a recent occurance.
Your error message (and crash) indicates a system level problem (Operating Systems report Fatal Errors): if you think your files have issues too then open them with RECOVER command (do the same with XREFs separately and not in their top files).

Message 6 of 11
feigeTDC
in reply to: pendean

The only change could have been windows automatic updates, have personally not changed anything.

Thank you for the suggestion, I think it is system related as it started a week ago in two separate incidents with different files. In between that time I have been able to work on other files without it crashing.

Message 7 of 11
pendean

If that solution fixes it, then turn off WIndows Automatic updates: no one really needs them instantly or automatically, it's something you can review and manage in person when you are ready or think you are having system level issues you must correct.
Message 8 of 11
feigeTDC
in reply to: pendean

Thank you!

Message 9 of 11
Bob_Zurunkle

I would wonder how many programs are being run at the same time, and how many autoCAD files are open at the same time (and their total sizes including XREFs)...

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 10 of 11
feigeTDC
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

Hi Bob,

Open programs have been Microsoft Outlook Express, Microsoft Word and Google chrome.

CAD files - 2 open. File size between 3 and 5.4 MB.

Message 11 of 11
Bob_Zurunkle

Have you tried looking at the Task Manager to see how the memory usage is distributed?

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost