Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cad is REALLY lags when two drawings are open

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
2marchitects
1138 Views, 10 Replies

cad is REALLY lags when two drawings are open

alright so i don't want to be a bother but i tried searching everyone on the internet.

about 3 days ago for some reason my cad is really slow when i have two drawings open at the same time.  it lags when i am panning or zooming.

it just started randomly and the computer i am using is new and started using it about 6 months ago and it has been fine since i got it except for the past few days.

it doesn't matter what drawing file is open it lags.  RAM is alot (8gigs)  again this just started happening randomly.  everything else is fine

i am working on AUTOCAD LT 2014

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

What changed on your computer several days ago?

Windows update? Program added?

Message 3 of 11
pendean
in reply to: 2marchitects

Windows System Restore back to well beyond the "past few days" may be all you need to do. Notice I wrote WELL BEYOND, so don;t just go back a week, try a month or 6.
Message 4 of 11
2marchitects
in reply to: pendean

nothing changed in the last week or so.  i just installed 2014 lt around 1 week ago.

and if i were to do a system restore would that erase everything that i have done in the time after the restore date?

i am not that sure but i think that it may be an issue within cad 2014 lt.

Message 5 of 11
pendean

You gave the impression that LT2014 was installed 6-months ago: wow, did you mis-state the problem 🙂

So LT2014 worked fine for a couple of days and now it does not?
Or LT2014 has always lagged?
Or you only started opening more than one file a couple fo days ago?

System spec? OS? what other background running apps do you have in Windows? Are you running Windows inside another OS? What are the file sizes? Are there any Xrefs (and what file sizes are these)?
Message 6 of 11
2marchitects

2014 has lagged for a majority of the time when 2 files are open at once.

system specs are powerful

file sizes are only 2mgs at the most (but if one is 2megs and the other file is like .5megs then it still lags usually)

and ya there sometimes are xrefs

Message 7 of 11
2marchitects

just a note that these files that are lagging where opening fine before i installed and started working in cad 14 lt

Message 8 of 11
pendean

Since you want to be vague about the systemn/OS, we'll have to try generic fixes for now:
- Change LT2014's hardware acceleration settings (if it's on, turn it off, if it's off, turn it on).
- If that did not fix it, Boot into safe mode in Windows and try to repat the problem, if it goes away your powerful PC is loading a driver that is the problem. Trick is to find it and either downgrade it or remove it for another.

Good luck.
Message 9 of 11
2marchitects

did all that and it didn't really work.

i just tried opening the files in the old autocad that i was using
 (cad 2012 lt) and there was absolutely no lagging. 

i would assume there is something wrong then in cad 14 lt

Message 10 of 11
pendean

That may be: other than current posted fixes that you might try and install, the long awaited first update is not available yet.

By chance did you decide you uninstall or otherwise disable the Sync/Cloud tool that also installs with LT2014? If not, are you logged in with live sync option turned on?
Message 11 of 11
Bob_Zurunkle

OP since they were opening fine before you installed 2014, do they still open fine on the older version on the same PC?

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost