Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building systems for AutoCAD LT 2013 - Video card query

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mentatzarkon
2464 Views, 4 Replies

Building systems for AutoCAD LT 2013 - Video card query

Greetings forum-goers,

I am configuring a batch of workstations for my CAD engineers. Right now I'm looking at Dell Optiplex 9010's because I can put i7 processors and a nice pile of RAM in them. That said, the only video cards I can configure them with are radeon HD 6350s or radeon HD 6450s. Can anyone confirm or deny that these cards support hardware acceleration in AutoCAD LT 2013? 

We recently upgraded from 2011 -> 2013 and I was annoyed to discover that our workstations now all popped up with the dreaded 'heidi error' until I killed off hardware acceleration.

Thanks in advance,

-David

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

You can check to see if the cards are Certified for use with Autodesk software here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?id=18844534&siteID=123112

Also you may want to check this Forum with your query:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Hardware/bd-p/116

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 5

Cheers Charles, I appreciate the effort, but I obviously already checked that hardware configuration page. They don't even list LT as an option.

Anyone else have any input?

-David

Message 4 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: mentatzarkon

Treat it as AutoCAD because... it is, at least up to the point you need to consider.  Also consider separately buying some gamer grade video cards - just make sure they will fit in the Dell case, they can play some games with compact or proprietary case sizes.  The limitations of LT will more than likely limit the full range of graphics features required.

Later generation i3, i5, and i7 processors have on-chip video hardware that can conflict with a dedicated video card.  While you can set things to automatically its probably better to disable the on-chip system through BIOS when a dedicated video card is in use.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 5
mentatzarkon
in reply to: dgorsman

Thanks, that's good advice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost