Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break at points using a polyline

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Markdc80
4530 Views, 3 Replies

Break at points using a polyline

Is there a way to break lines/arcs using the "Break at Point" command (or something simialr) to break lines/arcs along the length of a poly line? I have a drawing where I neeed to break multiple entities that are cut by a poly line, and using the break to point command yeilds the best result, however this requires me to go back to the ribbon every time to specify that I want to break at a point, if I just try repeat last command, it goes to the normal Break shortcut, which then requires me to specify F for respecifying the first point, and then select that point again to ensure that there is no gap in the line. This is OK for one or two lines, but where you have hundreds of lines that need to be broken, it becomes a laborious process. I would think that there would be some shortcut or command that could do this, is there, if so how do I access this?

-Mark

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Markdc80

1. You can right-click to reselect a meny macro without having to go hunting for it each time in the Ribbon.
2. With a little editing in the CUI, you can change the macro you are activating to simply repeat until you cancel it: CUI command, then in the commands list portion find the macro (aka command sequence) you are launching all the time, and in teh code section add a * at the very beginning. Try it, post back if you need any extra help.
3. If you want more convenience, pony-up +$4000 and get full AutoCAD then you can use some seriously conveient Lisp routines found all over the internet or use the Action Recorder built into that version to repeat tasks you select on screen..
Message 3 of 4
hwalker
in reply to: pendean

There is also a "Break at Point" command set built into LT. I have it on a toolbar, this is what it looks like (LT did it not me)

^C^C_break \_f \@

And every time I hit return for previous command it does break at point again.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 4 of 4
gccdesign
in reply to: pendean

I've been wondering how to make this work like this for a long time. This works great.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost