AutoCAD LT General Discussion

AutoCAD LT General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 11 of 18 (106 Views)

Re: Blocks and attributes

02-28-2012 11:28 AM in reply to: synlightingguy

So if you close and open the attached drawing the Attribs move on you?

Two questions:

1. When you open this Block in the Block Editor are you then Inserting the Block again or are you just expecting the change to show up?

2. If when you have changed the Attribs in the BE are you then running ATTSYNC on the block in Paperspace to update the Attribs in the block?

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 12 of 18 (101 Views)

02-28-2012 12:16 PM in reply to: synlightingguy

May I ask why did you post an exploded titleblock in this last drawing? Is that what you are doing, exploding the block to edit the content?

That explains why you think you cannot edit your block that I posted back, you are not using ATTEDIT or EATTEDIT commands perhaps which are designed to edit attributes inside unexploded blocks.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
synlightingguy
Message 13 of 18 (95 Views)

02-28-2012 02:12 PM in reply to: Charles_Shade

Yes you are correct every time i close and open the drawings with the block the bottom three attributes move and each time they move a little more each time in the same directions.  I have tried every sunniro to insert the attributes and the last three keep moving.  When I go into the block editor and move again back where i want them. but when i close the block editor the never moved back in the drawing.

as for your question numbered Two in all the research i did to try to figure this out i never saw the "AttributeSYNC"  please enlighten me.:smileyhappy: 

synlightingguy
Message 14 of 18 (93 Views)

02-28-2012 02:18 PM in reply to: pendean

i exploded the block to move the attribute where i wanted them to be in the location where they are to sit.  if i block edit them they dont move when i get back to the drawing.  I have learned very well how the Atteditors work.  lots of pratice the last few days.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 15 of 18 (88 Views)

02-29-2012 05:37 AM in reply to: synlightingguy

Unlock your attributes, then you can move them without exploding the block with their grips.

Exploding blocks is an AutoCAD sin, and makes having attributes pointless :smileyhappy:

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 16 of 18 (88 Views)

02-29-2012 05:38 AM in reply to: synlightingguy

ATTSYNC is not in LT2008, no use trying to explore it.

synlightingguy
Message 17 of 18 (80 Views)

02-29-2012 08:30 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

I will give this a try.  but I am going to start from scratch so not to bring in any corupt parts from old files. I will keep you posted

synlightingguy
Message 18 of 18 (70 Views)

03-05-2012 06:58 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

Alright I have tried the not locking the attributes I am Still having the same problems,  I am attaching two drawings first drawing where I tried to produce the block the the first drawing backup file so that you can see the changes with saving and reopening.

Any help is appreciated, I'm stomped.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.