Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Attributes Move

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
astone4buyers
595 Views, 9 Replies

Block Attributes Move

My issue is with movement of block attributes.  After I edit my old blocks and add new attributes, the new attributes move from their locked positions upon being inserted into a drawing.

The attributes always move to point 0,0.  Any ideas?  It's getting pretty old and leaving AutoCadLT 2010 pretty useless.

Thanks,

Adam

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: astone4buyers

Add new attributes how?

Does your file already contain a block with the exact name but an old definition?

Message 3 of 10
astone4buyers
in reply to: pendean

Yes, my DWG file that I am inserting the block into already has a block in it with the same name.  I have attempted to purge, and update the block.  Prior to inserting it.

I am editing an existing block, and adding two new attributes while in the block editor.  I save-as to a file location ( the same as the old block), save, and close the block editor.

Then when I insert the newly edited block, the attributes insert about the pt. 0,0.

Message 4 of 10
pendean

In your DWG file, use RENAME command and ername the existing instance of that block to something else, like MYBLOCK-OLD. Then try to insert your redefined MYBLOCK block and see if the problem goes away.

Message 5 of 10
astone4buyers

No, that did not work.

Message 6 of 10
pendean

If you start a new drawing and INSERT your block, does it do the same thing? If yes, please post your block and this new file that exhibits the problem.

Message 7 of 10
astone4buyers

Dean, it inserts correctly into a new file.

Message 8 of 10
pendean

INSERT your problem file into the new test file that works, then explode it: anything go wrong?

Message 9 of 10
astone4buyers

When it is exploded, the attributes return to the correct position-- so no issues that I can see.

Message 10 of 10
pendean

SAVEAS and create a new file, capture any layouts from the old file, then archive it for safe keeping.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost