Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch prints intermittently failing - color only

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
IntelectCorp
446 Views, 6 Replies

Batch prints intermittently failing - color only

Hi,

Our CAD operator is attempting to print batches of DWG files from within AutoCAD 2010 LT, but every time that he does a batch of jobs, only half or less of the jobs actually print, while the rest leave his queue and then display in the printer status as 'Canceled.' This only occurs for color prints. The same batches of jobs in black and white print fine. Also, if we take the same data and convert it to a single PDF and send only that one PDF as a color print job, it prints. On the printer side, the DWG jobs are marked as 'Deleted' with an explanation of "Insufficient accounting allocation," which refers to the printing limits that we have assigned our users for the printer. However, the user is not over his limit, and any non-CAD job prints without any problems. I checked with our printer company but they think it's an issue with the software. Is there a known issue with AutoCAD 2010 LT failing to print batches of color drawings? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
hwalker
in reply to: IntelectCorp

Is he using a plot style for the colour documents that cannot be found. Try just printing one, BUT before you start printing look at the top right hand corner of the dialog box where it says 'Plot Styles'. Has the plot style there got (missing) or (not found) after it?

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 7
pendean

If it works for PDF output (it is a printer as well, just outputs electronic and not paper), it's not likely to be LT2010.

What are you batch plotting to where it fails in color but not B/W? Using what driver? Are you using PUBLISH command? What pagesetups are being used for each sheet, the default already defined in each layout or is the operator using an override?

Message 4 of 7
IntelectCorp
in reply to: pendean

hwalker, I'm not sure, but when our CAD operator is available, he is going to check everything out for us.

pendean, we're plotting to a Xerox 7775 printer/copier. The driver is just a standard PostScript driver for that model. The user is using an override printer setup directly from his printer preferences. He has it set to print 1-sided jobs on the correct paper size and in standard color. I don't know if that information is useful, but as for the rest of your questions, I'll check with our CAD operator about them as well. If it would be easier to communicate directly with him (I'm in the IT department), I will send over this thread to him to reply to.

Thanks for the help.

Message 5 of 7
IntelectCorp

Okay, I got in touch with my CAD guy. According to him, the plot box for color is set fine and is always checked. I am going to see if he can log in and provide more information soon. If this does not sound like a CAD problem, then I will follow up again with the printer company, since we have a contract with them that requires that they fix issues like this anyway. Thanks again for the help.

Message 6 of 7
IntelectCorp

The CAD person has not gotten a chance to look at this thread, but we did some further troubleshooting today. I have installed a local driver for him and so far, the one job that was sent came out fine, but it still takes upwards of 5 minutes or more to plot. The stage where things seem to get hung up is the "plot job in progress" screen. If this is not a driver issue and only occurs with CAD files, is there anything else that we can try to get the print jobs to come out consistently? I am going to monitor his printouts for a while and see if this local driver has the same problems as the others. So far so good.

Message 7 of 7
hwalker

If the drawing is taking a long time to print is "Print job in background" ticked

Here's where to check

Click on TOOLS

Click on OPTIONS

Choose the PLOT AND PUBLISH tab

About halfway down on the left you have "Background processing options"

Untick them both and it should print quicker.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost