Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAK to DWG

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
12154 Views, 8 Replies

BAK to DWG

I need to open a BAK file. Acad reports an error because the extension isn't dwg. I seemed to have lost the method for doing this. Can anyone help. Thanks Ian
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

AutoCAD opens .DWG files. Rename your .BAK file by changing the extension from .BAK to .DWG. Be sure that Windows is set up to display all file extensions (Folder options ...). ___ "Ian Robinson" wrote in message news:42248f53$1_3@newsprd01... >I need to open a BAK file. Acad reports an error because the extension >isn't > dwg. I seemed to have lost the method for doing this. Can anyone help.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Are you changing the file extension? If Windows Explorer does not allow you to see extensions, you cannot change them. Perhaps that is your problem. -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Can't see the extension in windows??
Back to good old DOS......
DA
><> <>< <><
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Or just change the setting in windows..... "derekagar" wrote in message news:12115942.1109770409044.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Can't see the extension in windows?? > Back to good old DOS...... > DA > ><> <>< <><
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

open explorer
tools - options - view

then untick the box that says hide file extensions for known filetypes

you should now see the extension as filename.bak and you can rename it to filename.dwg
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks all - panic over! "spanna" wrote in message news:9353247.1109936521048.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > open explorer > tools - options - view > > then untick the box that says hide file extensions for known filetypes > > you should now see the extension as filename.bak and you can rename it to filename.dwg
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Perfect  -  It worked Thankyou

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

msgstore.db.crypt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost