Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Mask for Block mleader

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jmfehrenbach
3480 Views, 2 Replies

Background Mask for Block mleader

I am trying to create some balloon callouts using the Mleader option and using block instead of Mtext however I cannot find how to put a background mask in the circle.  I would have thought that it would auto mask the circle so it can be placed over objects and still be readable but this does not seem to be the case.  I looked through all the style editors and properties but there is no option to add a background mask.  I tried creating my own and applying a hatch but it wont place the hatch behind the attribute.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
drjohn
in reply to: jmfehrenbach

The item bubble for mleader is called _tagcircle.  It has no background mask.

1. Insert an mleader item and explode it, erase the leader and mark the center of the remaining item circle with a line.

2. Explode the item circle.
  3. Create a polygon with about 50 sides and center it on the circle with the TAGNUMBER attribute in it.
  4. Create a wipeout using the polygon you just created and place it on a special layer.
  5. Using draworder, push the polygon to the back.
  6. Re-block the circle/polygon/attribute and with the name pulldown call it the same blockname _TAGCIRCLE
  7. AutoCAD will ask if you want to redefine the block.  Answer YES.
  8. That makes the mleader _tagcircle with a wipoeout that will mask what's behind it in that dwg only. Redo it in your template if you like it.
  9. At plot time, turn off wipeout frames thru the wipeout command.

CAVEAT: Adobe Acrobat and some printers do not play well with wipeouts.

Others here will suggest using a white color hatch rather than a wipeout, but this works well for me.

[edit]

Do not turn off or freeze the wipeout layer at plot time or it won't mask

[/edit]

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 3
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: drjohn

Excellent, Dr John! I did the same thing a few years back with the hexagon 🙂

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost