Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Color

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
kthr331
810 Views, 3 Replies

Background Color

Currently in AutoCAD LT 2013, was in 2000. In 2000 I had a drop down menu where I could change the background color. I used it to change the background to white before printing. In this forum I found out how to select monochrome in the print menu and haven't needed to change the background... till now. When I print to my copier or to PDF the background is white like I wish. Then when I copy from PDF and paste to Word, the image is hazy. If I copy and paste to Paint, the background is black. The most important thing I wish to figure out is how it may be possible to transfer an image from my drawing to the manual I'm building in Word without it being hazy or black background, but I would also like to find how to change the backround color. All ideas, suggestions, comments any wish to offer will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, K.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: kthr331

Why not PLOT to a raster image file format and skip the paste-to-paint setup? Just like in R/LT2000, PLOTTERMANAGER command will take you to where you can do so with the ADD-A-PLOTTER tool (let's you control backgrounds too I believe under custom properties once it is created).

Or you can properly copy/paste from inside a PDF in your PDF Viewer by first zooming as far as you feel confortable, then using the capture (camera) tool to draw your window that will copy to the clipboard. This circumvents Adobe Acrobat's need to fuzz out your display (and PDF image) first so that is loads way faster that it can otherwise.

Or you can change the AutoCAD background color (or just do so in a Layout) using OPTIONS command then using Win7/Win8's screen captture tool to create a raster image.

There are so many ways to do what you want. More tips from others to follow if you dare wait 🙂
Message 3 of 4
kthr331
in reply to: pendean

Thank You pendean for considering and responding to my post. That suggestion to PLOT to a raster image file format is fantastic, wish I had been led to that years ago. Appreciate the help. K.

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: kthr331

Glad it worked for you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost